Lawmakers Urge Obama: End Barriers To Medical Marijuana Research

Robert Celt

Sens. Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley and Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., along with a bipartisan group of 24 senators and representatives, on Friday urged President Obama to remove barriers to research on medical marijuana and facilitate new medical research on cannabis and its derivatives.

"Twenty-three states have passed laws establishing medical cannabis programs and an additional seventeen have passed laws regarding the medical use of cannabidiol (CBD), a compound derived from cannabis," the lawmakers wrote in the letter.

"Despite these developments, researchers, doctors, and patients in these forty states are still subject to federal barriers impeding innovation and medical research. Until we have comprehensive scientific research on the medical risks and benefits of cannabis and its derivatives, we will continue to debate this issue on the basis of outdated ideology instead of modern science."

13386.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Lawmakers Urge Obama: End Barriers To Medical Marijuana Research
Author: Staff
Photo Credit: Maripharma Laboratory

Cool cool I see Oregon is leading the charge:circle-of-love:
As for President Obama and the rest of congress well lets hope they wake up and smell the coffee, oh wait, thats just another drug, ok maybe they can take a smoke break, oh wait yet another drug, dang, maybe if they just have a beer and think about it, oh wait yet another drug. Wake up Congress & Obama, we are not asking you to anything crazy or radical, all we are asking for is a level playing field. Americans as does the world, loves it's drugs be it alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and many more. All of which by the way are more dangerous and addictive then Marijuana so what do you say? How about a level playing field and end this nutty probation on Marijuana. With all the crazy laws on the books, way more then anyone even knows, I am sure you can keep your prisons full other ways. Might I suggest criminals, like say TAX EVADERS. After learning about the Panama Papers it appears there are plenty of those out there just waiting to be thrown in prison. I do believe that is what Al Capone was in-prisoned for. Lets start going after these shell corporations and their owners and throw them in jail instead of some poor smuck with a little weed!

Cool cool I see Oregon is leading the charge:circle-of-love:
As for President Obama and the rest of congress well lets hope they wake up and smell the coffee, oh wait, thats just another drug, ok maybe they can take a smoke break, oh wait yet another drug, dang, maybe if they just have a beer and think about it, oh wait yet another drug. Wake up Congress & Obama, we are not asking you to anything crazy or radical, all we are asking for is a level playing field. Americans as does the world, loves it's drugs be it alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and many more. All of which by the way are more dangerous and addictive then Marijuana so what do you say? How about a level playing field and end this nutty probation on Marijuana. With all the crazy laws on the books, way more then anyone even knows, I am sure you can keep your prisons full other ways. Might I suggest criminals, like say TAX EVADERS. After learning about the Panama Papers it appears there are plenty of those out there just waiting to be thrown in prison. I do believe that is what Al Capone was in-prisoned for. Lets start going after these shell corporations and their owners and throw them in jail instead of some poor smuck with a little weed!

On beer: Did you know a hoppy beer (with lots of the flavanoid myrcene) can magnify the effects of marijuana? A beer and a vape !.

On Al Capone and income tax evasion: Did you know Al Capone's successors were Frank 'The Enforcer' Nitti, a front man for Anthony 'Big Tuna' Accardo, who was himself a front man for Paul 'The Waiter Ricca' ? At one point, The Waiter went to Federal Prison for income tax evasion. They let him out early after he paid his tax bill :)

This house of cards is ready to fall - At this point, it can't come too soon.

Back
Top Bottom