Mayor-elect McGinn Supports Legalizing Marijuana

Weedpipe

420 Member
In an interview Friday, Mayor-elect Mike Mcginn said he supports efforts to legalize marijuana in Washington State.

"We recognize that, like alcohol, it's something that should be regulated not treated as a criminal activity. And I think that's where the citizens of Seattle want us to go," said McGinn on KUOW radio.

McGinn was responding to questions about his website, ideasforseattle.com, which seeks input on making Seattle a better place to live. Of the publicly submitted ideas, 'Legalize marijuana and tax it' is the second most popular idea, expanding light rail is the top vote getter.

McGinn may not be far off if a recently submitted bill is passed. Six House Democrats, including State Rep. Mary Lou Dickerson of Seattle, have pre-filed a bill to legalize marijuana for those over the age 21.

House Bill 2401 seeks to remove all existing civil and criminal penalties for the sale, possession and use of marijuana. The bill seeks to use taxes imposed on marijuana sales to support drug education and awareness.

McGinn says he will support this proposal

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: MyNorthwest.com
Copyright: 9 Bonneville International
Website:Mayor-elect McGinn supports legalizing marijuana - Seattle News - MyNorthwest.com

I 'm glad to see that we have some people in office actually that do have a brain in their head's. To bad I don't live in Seattle. Go for legalized forget all the crap in between because it will only muddy the water's and change nothing on the street level. If a person want's to sell for profit or a living, Go the legal route and sell to Med Dispensaries or maybe Co-Op's Then the Taxes would be paid on the spot, I don't want people growing their own to pay taxes or have a tax number another way for Big brother to track and Harass us to see how much you grow if you sell. They don't need to know that unless their sleeping you.

Back
Top Bottom