Medical Marijuana Failed To Pass For Second Time

MedicalNeed

Initiated Measure 13, the medical marijuana bill failed to pass by South Dakota voters. The bill would have created a safe access system for patients to acquire marijuana for various illnesses.

The bill was soundly defeated and re-elected Attorney General Marty Jackley believes the timing for this issue was off.

Jackley said, "it just really wasn't the right time for South Dakota to enact this type of legislation so I think both sides worked hard on it, it was a clean campaign on both sides but I am glad because I don't feel this particular legislation was what South Dakota wanted at this time."

Even though the measure failed to pass, the Yes on 13 campaign director Emmett Reistroffer says this is not the end.

South Dakota was one of four states that had marijuana related bills on this year's ballot. If it would have passed, the state would have been the 15th state to enact a medical marijuana program.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed:420 MAGAZINE
Source:ksfy.com
Contact: KSFY Action News: Breaking News, Weather and Community | - Home
Copyright: 2000 - 2010 WorldNow and KSFY
Website:Medical marijuana failed to pass for second time - KSFY Action News: Breaking News, Weather and Community |

Back
Top Bottom