Medical Marijuana Users Search For Medicine

Jacob Bell

MEDFORD, Ore.– Nearly 200 patients lost their medicine in the recent southern Oregon marijuana raids.

Southern Oregon Normal has been busy with concerned and angry patients. Employees say the drug raids are affecting all patients in the Rouge Valley.

"Oh my goodness–it's devastating," SO-NORML employee Christine Mcgarvin said.

Mcgarvin says patients and growers are caught in the middle of a drug war between federal and state leaders. Medical marijuana is legal in Oregon and California, however it is not legal under federal law. Now, they are doing whatever they can to get medicine to those left without a supply.

"Many people get their yearly medicine here so there will be a lot of pain and suffering as a result," she said.

SO-NORML is working to connect patients with other growers who are still in business.

Kevin Smith depends on marijuana to ease his pain and was counting on getting his medicine from the Central Point garden.

"They provide the medicine for me and then something like this happens and I'm out of luck," he said.

Federal agents seized almost 500 plants from the property Wednesday. Now Smith has to wait another year for his medicine. Smith does not think raids will stop and plans on taking action.

"We need to do something this can't go on," he said.

Employees with SO-NORML say they are outraged and plan on organizing a rally next week.

news25.jpg

News Hawk- Jacob Ebel 420 MAGAZINE
Source: ktvl.com
Author: Jenica Villamor
Copyright: Freedom Communications

Back
Top Bottom