Medical Pot Club Radio Ad

A Sacramento cannabis club has taken to the airwaves to advertise it's product.

"There's no need to suffer in silence. Canna Care is here to help," proclaims the ad.

Bryan Davies runs Canna Care, a medical marijuana collective that's been in business since 2005. Back then, his ads ran only in counter-culture publications. Main stream media wouldn't air ads for illegal drugs, So his new ad on K-Hits, 92.1 FM Radio is ground breaking, at least locally

It helps that the Federal Government has backed off on its raids on medical pot, which is legal in California. Bryan says how could you not advertise.

"I get up out of my advertised bed, go out to eat my advertised cereal, drinking my advertised coffee," said Davies. He also says ads for medical pot collectives are common in southern California.

Bryan is patriotic and a devout Christian who hands out bibles in his pot shop. You wouldn't think god, partriotism and growing pot would go together, but Bryan sees nothing wrong with it.

"A nation under God is a nation of strength and prosperity," said Davies.

He wouldn't use this stuff when his doctor first suggested it for arthritis.

"I didn't want to use it...if my children came home with it I'd flush it down the toilet,"said Davies.

Now he's all about letting people know how he can help others, even if the ads only suggest marijuana without actually mentioning it.

"If you're coping with chronic pain, arthritis, nausea glaucoma or side effects from chemo, there are reliable alternatives," says the ad.

He and his wife Lynette are now advocates for legalizing and regulating pot.

"It should have never been made illegal," said Davies.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: KTXL-TV
Author: Lonnie Wong
Copyright: 2009 KTXL-TV

Apparently, Davies has had a change of heart when it comes to the legalization of marijuana for all under Proposition 19. She claims some abstract "patient interests" as the reason she is now against legalization, but logic tells me that she and her husband are against the proposition because her profitable niche market would surely crumble if marijuana was readily available to all adults 21 and older. Simply put, she and her husband own a dispensary, thus if Prop 19 passes, they assume that they will lose dollars, as those seeking marijuana will suddenly have plenty of cheaper options when looking to purchase their cannabis. That's what it all comes down to, selfish growers, dispensers and dealers not wanting to lose ANY of the profits from their currently highly marked-up products.

Below, an excerpt from the article located at the following link:

Legalize it? - News - Local Stories - August 5, 2010 - Sacramento News & Review

This November, Proposition 19 will give voters the chance to make California the nation's first state to decriminalize recreational marijuana for adults. But while legalization is long-sought-after goal for Sacramento's cannabis stakeholders, many are conflicted by–and even against–the ballot measure.

"You would think out of all people that we would be very supportive of it," says Lynette Davies, director of local medical-cannabis advocacy group the Center for Patients' Rights. "[But] I strongly do not support it." And she says she's spending "thousands" of dollars to defeat the measure.

Davies, who also co-owns local Canna Care dispensary with her husband, Brian, spent the past few weeks distributing anti-Prop. 19 brochures at the California State Fair. She says her motivation defies good economic sense. "We could literally overnight increase our business fivefold [if Prop. 19 passes]," Davies admits. "But it is not in the best interests of the patients."

Back
Top Bottom