Medical pot store closes in Oakland

SptyOty

OAKLAND – One of the city's four sanctioned medical marijuana outlets quietly closed its doors this week; not because of a negative Supreme Court ruling but because of problems with one of the organization's sister pot clubs in Los Angeles. The doors to Compassionate Caregivers, at 2135 Broadway, were locked Wednesday afternoon, and a tersely worded notice in a related facility two doors down was dated June 6 and stated it was "Temporarily closed" and apologized for the inconvenience.

Compassionate Caregivers staff did not return calls seeking comment, but a story posted on

WeHoNews.com, an online newspaper for the West Hollywood community, stated that the Compassionate Caregivers' "Yellow House" pot club on La Brea Avenue in West Hollywood had been raided by the Los Angeles Police Department and IRS agents a month ago, the culmination of an eight-month investigation into money-laundering

and selling marijuana for profit – in violation of state health and safety laws. According to the story, there were several arrests, and 800 pounds of pot and $300,000 to $500,000 in cash were seized.

Deputy City Administrator Niccolo DeLuca said Oakland was aware the local club had closed but did not know for how long.

"If they are in fact closed (for good), they were one of the four permittees (under Oakland's medical marijuana ordinance), and the city would have to look at replacing them," he said.

By Cecily Burt, STAFF WRITER
https://www.insidebayarea.com/localnews/ci_2792405

This is sad, sad news.... as this was one of the 4 clubs I frequented often. They offered a great selection and had very friendly employees, but I kinda saw it coming when the "Yellowhouse" got busted a little while back... its been obvious that they were selling for profit, lets just hope they can fix the problem and get it up and running again or have another dispensary take its place.

Yeah the one here closed too. Because of Yellow House? Any way theres still one or two stores open here in B-town. Hopefully be checking one out this afternoon. :goof:

The store that closed here was the only one I've been in. Really bummed me out I liked that store. hope it reopens very soon.

I think the stores will go underground to a type of courier service. That is delivered to your door. The store is always moving. I think the days of a store that you walk into are few. Maybe a handful will servive?

Back
Top Bottom