Melissa Etheridge, Nick Lachey And More Celebs Who've Joined The Marijuana Business

Jacob Redmond

This week, rumors swirled that Rihanna had officially done the least surprising thing Rihanna could ever do: launched her very own line of marijuana products.

But RiRi fans were left to contend with excruciating disappointment when her publicist told The Cut that the stories were "completely untrue."

Though the *edit* singer (and notorious weed lover) may not be among them, there are plenty of celebs that have ventured into the business of marijuana and marijuana accessories. Below, find some of the most famous faces working to give you the munchies:

Melissa Etheridge
After using medical marijuana following her 2004 breast cancer diagnosis, Etheridge created a line of cannabis-infused wines. "It helped with the psychological effects of being on chemo and trying to understand what's happening to you," the singer told CBS News about using the drug medicinally. Etheridge turned to Greenway Compassionate Relief, a dispensary in Santa Cruz, California, to join her in creating the "passion project." "You feel a little buzzed from the alcohol and then get a delicious full body buzz," she's said about the wine's effects.

Nick Lachey
Lachey is part of an ownership group that would have been one of 10 able to grow marijuana in Ohio had the weed legalization initiative passed on Nov. 2. The former boy-bander's group contributed $4 million to the legalization campaign, but ultimately failed to sway voters. "Ohio is my home, and as a resident and local business owner I am proud to be part of a movement that has the potential to create jobs, reinvigorate the local economy and improve the safety of our communities," Lachey said in a statement prior to the vote. "Passage of this proposal will result in much-needed economic development opportunities across Ohio, and update the state's position on marijuana in a smart and safe way." For now, Lachey is still waiting to make his drug farm dreams come true.

Willie Nelson
Smokers in states that have legalized weed will soon be able partake in Willie's Reserve, the Nelson-created line of marijuana. "It's just a matter of time in this country before it's legal. I feel like I bought so much, it's time to start selling it back!" the singer told Rolling Stone about deciding to get into the business. "I will make sure it's good or it won't be on sale. There should be a menu just like in a restaurant because there's so many different kinds of pot that do many different things. It's a good idea to have everything labeled for what it does, what it don't do [and] how powerful it is."

Wiz Khalifa
"It was cultivated based on my taste preferences, my high preferences," the rapper said about his strain Khalifa Kush in an interview with Al Lindstrom. "I think the appeal of pot for me is the togetherness of it because when you get weed the first thing you do is share it," he continued. In case you had any doubts about Khalifa's affection for the drug, he cleared it up during an appearance on Chelsea Lately: "I like to be really, really high."

Kevin Smith
To promote his 2014 horror film Tusk, the director had Los Angeles dispensary Bud & Roses create two custom strains, White Walrus and Mr. Tusk. "I put on Fleetwood Mac's Tusk over and over on repeat and would just sit there and blaze while I wrote," Smith told The Frame about penning the film. Although he used pot products in his marketing campaign, Smith discourages young people from indulging in the drug: "The teenage brain is stunted by marijuana smoking so you guys have to wait 'til you're older. I didn't start smoking 'til I was 38 years old. I'm not saying wait 'til then, that was a stupid mistake on my behalf. But wait until you're legit, wait until you're 21 before you start smoking."

Snoop Dogg
The rapper might just be the celebrity authority on the pot business. His marijuana line, Leafs by Snoop, went on sale in Colorado earlier this month, and his weed-friendly venture capital firm Casa Verde Capital has invested in Eaze, a California startup that aims to provide medical marijuana doorstep delivery. *edit*

14446.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Celebs Who've Joined The Marijuana Business
Author: Lydia Price
Photo Credit: Charles Sykes

Re: Melissa Etheridge, Nick Lachey And More Celebs Who've Joined The Marijuana Busine

It's all about big business. Who really wants to rush out and buy a brand of DESIGNER POT!!! I think the real long time smoker will still either grow his or her own or get it from there usual source.

RD :hookah::peace::peace:

Back
Top Bottom