My first tent

Pedro215

Hello everybody reading

So I'm buying a tent it's 4ft wide/2ft deep/5ft talk
I'm trying to figure out if I should use a 250w hps or a 400w hps with a
6in cooltube
Also having trouble with fan/filter what cfm would be good and how often should I vent

Sorry if questions are really noob but like I stated this it my first tent and I want to do this rite I'm currently growing 1 bagseed in closet with a 150 hps in a 2ft/2ft/5ft area the plant didn't have strong genes so it dowarfed I'm flowering it now on Saturday will be week 3

been saving to get tent And new light and fan/filtered I want setup to be good so any advice you can give me would be great

Even if you don't reply thanks for reading

Hi Pedro

I'm looking into getting myself a 3x3x6ft tent that I'm going to equip with a 400w HPS and a 160 cfm (with the carbon filter that is also 160 cfm).

I'm no expert (I haven't grown anything since 2006 (when the overgrow forums were still around)) but if I were you I'd try to find more of a square tent or you could try using a 400w and maybe some big (like 150w or even 200w) CFLs on the sides. Because I think with a tent that size the sides will not get much light.

A few years ago I had a 250w HPS and it was nice but I don't think I would ever get one again for a room/tent any bigger than 2x2ft.

As for what size fan/filter you should get I think a 160 cfm would work for you too.
Good luck with the grow

PS. Just to let you know I singed up just now to answer your post :high-five:, but now that I'm here...

Well thanks for the advice I'm going with the 400w I decided that sand also I'm getting a 6in fan/ filter with a 424 cfm and a speed controller so it reduces noise and I'm still trying to decide on the tent butI will look into the 3/3 tents how many plants could u GDR in there with 2 gal pots

That's a good idea about the fan. Getting a higher rated fan and turning it down to reduce noise.

About how many you can grow in a 3x3 tent. It all depends on how you're trying to grow them, soil or hydro, if you try to doing a POD (pond of green :bravo:) I have no idea. But otherwise I'd say anywhere from one bigger one to 5.
Also you could do a SCROG, that might be one way to go.

As I said before the tent I'm planning on getting is 3x3ft, well, it's not really. It's 100x100cm.

Well I don't plan on growing big this is my plan

Reuther tent I get
I'm growing 2autos and 2 ref size strains
When I harvest sits I'm going to cut clones from outher strains then use third with a short veg time
Then after the harvest I'm going to clone again then flower the 2 moms then use the new clones as moms till the outgrow my spot in closet then toward the process until I want a new strain or make Milan strain

Well I don't plan on growing big this is my plan

Reuther tent I get
I'm growing 2autos and 2 ref size strains
When I harvest sits I'm going to cut clones from outher strains then use third with a short veg time
Then after the harvest I'm going to clone again then flower the 2 moms then use the new clones as moms till the outgrow my spot in closet then toward the process until I want a new strain or make Milan strain

I'm sorry dude but I have too much of a hard time reading what you typed, please reread yourself.
I saw on another post that you said that you're using a tablet to send the posts… Well me too, I just proof read it before sending it. :lot-o-toke:

From what I understand what you're trying to do is;
Have 2 auto pots that will be used for mother plants and you're going to clone from them and flower the clones.
Then every now and again you are going to flower the mother plants (whenever they get to big for the veg/mother room, and grow new mothers from the clones.
Did I get it all right?:thumb:

Lol sry I was half asleep and didn't proof read

I'm going to grow 2 strains besides the autos when I harvest the autos I'm going to cut clones from the outher plants but yes when the mothers get to big I'm going to flower them and use clones as the new mothers

I'm going to be keeping moms and clones under t5 but I'm trying to figure out weither or not I should use mixed spectrum or just grow bulbs but until I upgrade lights I'm only gona have a 150 hps to flower under unless I use bloom bulbs in the t5 which would mean I could flower more at 1 time then I would have to put moms under the 150 which means tighter node I believe

I would say that you could just use T5s at 6500K° for the mothers and clones, but it is true that the 150 HPS will give you tighter nodes however it will be too much for your newly cut clones.

Since you are also going to grow in about the same conditions as me, let me explain what I'm planning on doing.
Right now I have A 60x60cm tent with a 125w CFL and an oscillating fan growing me some peppers. Right after new years I'm going to start my seeds and let them grow with the pepper plant (that plant should be gone soon). I'm going to let them grow for about 2 months and take clones from them.
By then I should be ready with the rest of my set up (100x100cm tent and a 400w HPS), so I'll move all of the clones into it. Wait a bit, and weed out all of the male plants and kill the dads.
After that I'll just keep it in a cycle trying to keep my moms trimmed nice and tight. Oh and sorry before that, I'm going to see how many moms I have and only keep the 1 or 2 best.

I've seen on a french web site some bonsai moms (they look so cool). They say that one of them was 5 years old, and it looked just like a little tree but with all of the top branches being ready to be clones. I'm not sure if I can post links here or not, so if you want you can PM me and I'll send you the link.

That sounds like a good plan

I know the 150 is to strong for the clones that's why I'm trying to decide if I should keep moms and clones under t5 then just move the clones 2 by 2 under the hps or just make sure all my clones are cut and ready to be put under the t5 until they are done

The age I keep the 150 states around 80 so I think it would be best to put moms there since they can deal with the heat cuz they will be veg the whole time and heat is only a big deal when flowering I try to keep it down but the ballast is on the reflector so it makes it really hard until I can get a exhaust and intake for the closet it's in

So I'm buying a tent it's 4ft wide/2ft deep/5ft talk
I'm trying to figure out if I should use a 250w hps or a 400w hps with a
6in cooltube

I'm not a fan of Cooltube setups, so I'd be looking at regular "sealed" reflectors. Seems like whatever light hits the reflector above the cooltube has to pass through glass twice instead of just once like in a traditional reflector. While it's true that the reflected light isn't as strong as the non-reflective, to me that would seem to mean that it's even more important not to further attenuate it. After all, ~50% of the bulb's output (ok, a bit less but I'm mentally deficient today, lol) goes up instead of down so it's a fair percentage of the bulb's output.

But anyway... Either a pair of 250-watt setups or a 400-watt on a light rail or you might have trouble getting an even distribution to both ends of your GR.

Then again, with only 5' gross height, you might be looking to save as much (vertical) space as possible depending on your method (soil or hydroponics) and style (scrog, sog, lst, et cetera).

Well getting a set of 4ft 4bulb y5 for the tent to keep moms and clones then I'm going to get a 400w hps after that to put where my 150w hps is after I get everything out of the closet I was thinking of just useing 5a for both due to heat issue 2here I live it gets really hot and living in a trailer you house is normally close to the outside temp and it would be a lil cheaper on the electric bill

But I'm going to use a sog when I flower the clones

Back
Top Bottom