Need some help & advice

mixcloudiris

So I am planning on starting my first grow asap. I plan on growing a single auto-flowering plant (Maybe 2). I would rather grow outdoors but I live in Victoria Australia and we are curently going into autum - winter and from what I have read the plants really do not like the cold at all. I might try it anyway just to see what happens but the potential solution I have thought of/need some advice with is growing inside by the window. Kind of like a green house I guess. I dont want the additional cost of setting up a proper indoor at all. Is it feesable to grow a plant this way? Provided it gets as much sunlight as possible and the temp stays relatively warm. I dont mind the smell either. In Aus we do have some warm winter days but also have some very cold ones with morning frosts being common in winter. Any advice is appreciated!

Any advice is appreciated!

Buy one of the small(ish) "white light" LED products and hang it over the plant so that it can get more light than just what passes through the window (and its one or more panes of glass). Other than that, I wouldn't think you'd have any problems trying to grow an autoflowering plant like that. Well, assuming you don't have security-related problems, of course.

Since it'll be indoors and during your local Winter, keep an eye on your relative humidity. Some homes can get quite dry in Winter.

Buy one of the small(ish) "white light" LED products and hang it over the plant so that it can get more light than just what passes through the window (and its one or more panes of glass). Other than that, I wouldn't think you'd have any problems trying to grow an autoflowering plant like that. Well, assuming you don't have security-related problems, of course.

Since it'll be indoors and during your local Winter, keep an eye on your relative humidity. Some homes can get quite dry in Winter.
This seems like a fairly good soultion actually thanks. I will probably also move it outdoors when the weather permits and is optimal.

If you plant them outside it has to be going into warm weather. Plant them in direct sun.

You could keep them inside in the window seal but they will only produce as much as the sun they get. Less lighting means small plants with low yield. They have to be at least 70 degrees F or they will go dormant.

Inside use one 100 watt COB light for each plant.

Back
Top Bottom