Newbie Cloning Question

WildAbbie

I'm wondering if it is possible to do a string of grows from clones without a separate tent for mothers and clones. I got to thinking about this because two tents, two lights, etc. looks like a lot of money to invest to see if one has a green thumb.

Lets say you have a RainForest 66 (six 6" pots) in a tent and you grow two fairly large plants in it. So you have 4 unused pots. Could you take clones off the big plants and put them in the unused pots near the end of the 12/12 hour bloom cycle? Then, after you harvest the 2 big plants, keep the two best clones and veg them on 24 hours for awhile until you switch them to 12/12 bloom and repeat the clone process. If this would work, you could keep this system going forever in a single tent.

I'm sure everyone would be doing it if this was a great system, but I would love to learn the pro and cons of it -- and if it would even work at all. :biglaugh:

I'm wondering if it is possible to do a string of grows from clones without a separate tent for mothers and clones. I got to thinking about this because two tents, two lights, etc. looks like a lot of money to invest to see if one has a green thumb.

Lets say you have a RainForest 66 (six 6" pots) in a tent and you grow two fairly large plants in it. So you have 4 unused pots. Could you take clones off the big plants and put them in the unused pots near the end of the 12/12 hour bloom cycle? Then, after you harvest the 2 big plants, keep the two best clones and veg them on 24 hours for awhile until you switch them to 12/12 bloom and repeat the clone process. If this would work, you could keep this system going forever in a single tent.

I'm sure everyone would be doing it if this was a great system, but I would love to learn the pro and cons of it -- and if it would even work at all. :biglaugh:

the problem is taking clones from a plant at the end of its bloom cycle, I have taken them 3 weeks in and it took a long time to get em to root, I couldnt imagine at the very end, the growth hormones are dormant at this stage which is what you need for clones to take root, I`m no botonist but I think it would be very difficult IMO, maybe someone else here has a trick for success, peace and good luck!

Yeah, from what I've read in the Grower's Handbook, it sounds like it would be possible but perhaps not very rewarding.

"APD [absolute photo-determinate] plants are good candidates to flower and regenerate. Since they respond to the light cycle in a relatively simple way, irregular or interrupted cycles alter growth significantly. Buds are smaller, leafier, fluffier, looser, and may run. They look a bit like low-light flowers."

Okay, separate tents seems to be the way to go. But what I don't get is how one would set up a small tent for mothers and clones if one only flowers 2 or 3 plants at a time. It wouldn't take long for clones to get to big for, say, a Daisy Cloner. So would you keep 1 or 2 mothers and start a few clones shortly before harvest?

Back
Top Bottom