Nursery mistake cause early flowering removed outdoors, any cures?

radrichie61

So, I made lighting mistakes in my nursery early in the season which caused my plants to early flower when it went outside where daylight hours were much shorter, in just a few weeks they were flowering. I have utilized some vegetative nutrients from roots organics hoping that perhaps that would do something but of course that was just a shot in the dark, light is the key. Does anyone have any ideas to get these gals back into veg? I realize it’s probably not but you don’t know until you ask and thanks for everything. Hey, seems some people suggest leaving a light on 24 hours for a week and that could help kick them back in to veg. Sounds weird to me…

Or, would you treat them nutrient wise with flowering nutes, or do nothing?

What’s up radrichie?

It depends on how long they’ve been in flower…. generally speaking the further into flower cycle the plants are - the longer the reveg process.

Since they went into flower early your plants will undergo the reveg process but its going to take longer than a week. Everything (flower & reproductive) happens from the top down…. what I mean for a plant to go into flower, the hormones must convince the apical top of the plant that it’s in flower. Once the top is In flower then hormones work slowly down the line to convert the next lower pair of limbs and the next lower pair etc.

Anywho reveg works the same way, first sign of reveg will be funky single bladed fan leaves will sprout out at the apical top, and slowly work over time will work it’s way down to next lower limbs and so on down the line. First is single bladed fans after a while it will push 3 bladed fans and then eventually it will pop normal 5 bladed fans and then resume growing normally from there. The end result after reveg is the plant will grow bushy AF and is now called a monster cropped plant.

I’m not aware of any nutrient change to expedite this process- it’s all about them light hours.

Does anyone have any ideas to get these gals back into veg?
Patience. Just let them be and they will slowly revert back to their vegetating growing pattern. I don't remember how long it takes but figure on a couple of weeks. Like @013 says, the longer they have been in flower the longer it will take to go back.

If these are the same plants that you have out in the woods mentioned in the earlier threads then they should be starting to show that the fingers on new leaves are not as saw tooth along the edges and that the leaves tend to have fewer fingers.

Or, would you treat them nutrient wise with flowering nutes, or do nothing?
The more shade the plants get the longer it will take and the photos in the other thread gave me the impression that the plants did not get a lot of strong sunlight throughout the entire day. It will still happen, just take longer. I would think that if you want to try speeding up the change that using grow fertilizers would help more than flowering blends.

One thing I noticed was the more often I checked the plants and the leaves looking for signs of the change the longer it seemed to take. Go out to the plants and take a photo of the growing tips near the top and then stay away for a couple of weeks. Then go back and take photos of the same tops of the same plants and compare them.

Thank you, these plants are in full sunlight and been in flower so long, about eight weeks so I think it’s a goner. But only a few weeks in longer days of course.

....and been in flower so long, about eight weeks so I think it’s a goner. But only a few weeks in longer days of course.
If you mean that the plants have been in flower so long that they will not ever revert back I want to mention that some growers have reported that they have grown all the way through to harvest. They then put the plant back under lights with a "16 hours on" all the way up to "24 hours on" lighting cycle. They got their plants to go back into a vegetative stage and harvested again a couple of months later.

Went today and there may be a sign of veg return. I think… Thoughts?
147A1868-D569-42A6-A40D-C4E37B0D7E29.jpeg
99F1B08B-1D42-4E7D-9829-E246C8CD909C.jpeg
612C1519-3A27-4B4F-8087-7A36C5D31296.jpeg
4B615FCC-8B85-43E1-BA88-35BDD675072D.jpeg
6F1233D6-2F98-43F2-8627-78EA1424A2E7.jpeg
1C2FF4D6-15D4-4B82-898C-31D0C5AD3544.jpeg
52236C68-99E1-4824-9F06-E3F473406E2B.jpeg
6B564D93-5AE2-44A2-A956-DC0BB2C2B3D9.jpeg
E370DBB0-5DBA-4734-96B5-8C1E23B9BBA5.jpeg
96EA9BED-2006-4471-AED5-F8131EFCB982.jpeg

Went today and there may be a sign of veg return. I think… Thoughts?
Looks like it has started happening. I can see some of the leaf edges loosing their saw-tooth appearance and more of the newer leaves are no longer 3 or 5 fingers and gong back to one finger. And, the higher up on the buds, especially the longer ones, the fewer stigma/pistils that are being produced.

Looks like it has started happening. I can see some of the leaf edges loosing their saw-tooth appearance and more of the newer leaves are no longer 3 or 5 fingers and gong back to one finger. And, the higher up on the buds, especially the longer ones, the fewer stigma/pistils that are being produced.
I thought that too but as a real green novice, I cannot assume.

Thanks

One thing I am not familiar with is whether to cut off the buds, especially the larger ones. Don't know if it would speed up the change but it might get the plant to start branching out more before the plants start going back into flowering in early to mid August.

The fingers can still have a bit of a sawtooth edge to them but as the revegetation takes place the teeth become more rounded and there are fewer of them on each finger. Look at some of the most recent ones to have grown as compared to the old ones.

I was thinking last night that if you have the seeds you could plant a few as a back-up. Leave these growing and compare the two grows when harvest time comes.

The fingers can still have a bit of a sawtooth edge to them but as the revegetation takes place the teeth become more rounded and there are fewer of them on each finger. Look at some of the most recent ones to have grown as compared to the old ones.

I was thinking last night that if you have the seeds you could plant a few as a back-up. Leave these growing and compare the two grows when harvest time comes.
Out of beans

Back
Top Bottom