Nute Burn Advice Wanted

Bnelly

Hey all im getting some nute burn with some of my plants.
Heres what I got:
Its granddaddy purple
Using 3:1 FFOF:FFHF with 18% perlite added
Using 5 gal fabric pots
Growing them outdoors
All water is ph'd to ~6.5
Temps are 60s

Only nutes I've used on these is:
Cal/Mag 5ml/gal
Root Stim 3 tbsp/gal
Liquid kelp 3 tbsp/gal

I transplanted them a couple weeks ago, didnt seem to notice any burn until a day ago. My question is should I flush her out to be safe or just reduce nutes and keep chuggin along?
Even my older plant which I am using ferts on has a very slight yellow on edges of the leaves.

Here is the one I'm mainly concerned with because of the new growth color

20200513_102547.jpg
20200513_102556.jpg

Here is the older plant with just the very edges that are yellowing
20200512_095523.jpg

Damage seems minimal although leaves are dark so it will get worse quickly if u dont reign it in..u could flush if ur really worried but I think water only for next feed should be enough

Damage seems minimal although leaves are dark so it will get worse quickly if u dont reign it in..u could flush if ur really worried but I think water only for next feed should be enough

That's kinda my concern as well. As luck would have it, someone or something decided to make some rain clouds move in in last half hour, so hopefully nature will flush her for me lol

Another question for you, does drying out make the toxicity worse? It definitely didn't look like it was burning until about 2 days ago. I haven't watered them in over a week since we had a nice 2 hour drizzle that seemed to have given them a few more days of dry time

This is a pure guess!!
If the plant pulls up alot of nutes then dry spell it cant pull up any moisture to dilute so perhaps it does make toxicity worse..as the first thing we do is give plain water to combat overnuteing

This is a pure guess!!
If the plant pulls up alot of nutes then dry spell it cant pull up any moisture to dilute so perhaps it does make toxicity worse..as the first thing we do is give plain water to combat overnuteing

That makes perfectly logical sense to me! Thank you for the help man! I'm gonna let nature do what nature does with the rain and see how she reacts. I feel like all of my plants absolutely love the rain and they're always so damn green the next morning. Crossing my fingers. If it gets worse over the next couple days I'll flush her out

Back
Top Bottom