OH: Another Dayton-Area City Appears Set To Join Ban On Medical Marijuana

Ron Strider

A medical marijuana ban is scheduled to be considered in West Carrollton this week.

Legislation going before West Carrollton City Council calls for the prohibition of cultivation, processing and retail distribution of the drug within the city.

The city in February approved a nine-month moratorium on the medical marijuana as the state worked out regulations and guidelines on the issue, which was approved in September 2016.

Last week, Miamisburg joined other area communities such as Oakwood, Huber Heights and Butler Twp. in banning the cultivation, processing and retail distribution of the drug within their jurisdiction.

Some communities — Riverside, German Twp., Dayton, Yellow Springs, Mad River Twp., Monroe and Carlisle, among them - have allowed proposals for cultivation sites to move forward.

Other communities — including Miami Twp. and Moraine — have moratoriums in place, but have not taken any on long-term action.

West Carrollton City Council is set to meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in council chambers of the West Carrollton Civic Center, 300 E. Central Ave.

Clones_-_Andy_Alfaro.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Another Dayton-area city set to join ban on medical marijuana
Author: Nick Blizzard
Contact: https://myaccount.daytondailynews.com/Feedback.aspx
Photo Credit: Andy Alfaro
Website: Dayton Daily News | Latest news for Dayton & Miami Valley

Last week, Miamisburg joined other area communities such as Oakwood, Huber Heights and Butler Twp. in banning the cultivation, processing and retail distribution of the drug within their jurisdiction.

Ron Strider, why do you call the cannabis plant a "drug"??
I've noticed articles on the site consistently call the plant a drug.
many plants have drug-like effects.
sugar. foxglove. boswellia. and many more.
those plants are not called "drugs".

why do you call a plant a "drug"???

thank you puffer.
i get this magazine for some reason, and i read most of it.
i asked the author of the article a valid, legit question.
i'm still hoping for a response.

Dear Ron Strider: why do you refer to cannabis plant as a "drug"? please answer this question. thank you.

Ron Strider consistently calls cannabis a "drug" ... you might want to read some of his articles. If he didn't write this particular one, he could still answer the question. Don't the authors read their comment section at this publication? It's not like these articles have soooo many comments. It's very few comments, usually.

Dear author and anyone else at 420 magazine: why do you refer to the cannabis plant as a "drug"?

We only report . . . If you have an issue with any of the verbiage in the articles, contact the authors (noted at the bottom of each article).
As far as I am concerned, you can call it "Suzie" if you want.

Strider

Thank you, Ron, for the reply. You didn't answer my question. I don't have an issue with anything, I'm just looking to report what I discover, like you. When I write, I want to be accurate. I noticed that you call the cannabis plant a "drug". Since I come from a science background, it made me curious as to why you do this. It's not accurate, and once you were notified of the inaccuracy, instead of correcting it, you gave me permission to call it Suzie. I don't need your permission to call a plant anything. I know what a plant is and I know what a drug is. You don't. I just wondered why the language reflects ignorance. Now I know. No prob. Have a great day. Bless.

For the record, I do not consider it a "drug" either. I consider it to be a healing herb.
But, to the average person, anything that alters your perception towards reality is considered a drug. Also, most people associate healing with a drug.
One of the purposes of 420 Magazine is to educate people to the wonders of Cannabis. However, it is not within my capacity to change what an author of an article says, just because I think otherwise.
I applaud your commitment towards opening the eyes of others of how Cannabis is not in the same category as actual drugs! Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Strider

Back
Top Bottom