OR: Cannabis Biz Is Good For Community

Katelyn Baker

From a dispensary manager wanting to see quality come to the City of Coos Bay.

We would like to show our community what a positive presence dispensaries make. Some people might laugh at that statement, and maybe a few years ago I would have chuckled at the statement myself. But after being a part of this experience for the last three years I can honestly say what a positive impact cannabis has on people's lives with their health and overall demeanor.

With dispensaries becoming more readily available, we are seeing less black market sales and more people coming into shops than ever before. Being able to know the hours of operation, quality, safe products and having individuals to talk to about their purchase makes them feel more confident in their purchases.

Much of our customers are in the Coos Bay/North Bend area, and the thought of a clean, professional quality addition to Coos Bay makes people happy. We want to show our city that not all dispensaries are the same. With autonomous parking for those that don't want to have to park right on U.S. Highway 101, we feel this expansion is what the City of Coos Bay needs and deserves.

In the last year Charleston has grown to love Herbal Choices, as we participate in most events, spend money in the community, and have a friendly staff that is always willing to chip in. The cannabis industry is creating jobs, paying taxes to the state and creating an impact on our communities.

Lastly, we should address the tax that the City Of Coos Bay wants to fill the general fund. How would you feel knowing your city is getting thousands of dollars a month just to pay for their salaries? The city manager makes over $200k a year. It's time we make a difference. It's time to get the questionable weed off the streets, and time to give those in our community the best options for a safe access point. Our citizens deserve this.

MatthewJonas2.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Cannabis Biz Is Good For Community
Author: Jason Heffner
Photo Credit: Matthew Jonas

Back
Top Bottom