Patient Pitches Medical Marijuana

Truth Seeker

Cathy Jordan and her husband Robert are on a mission at the State Capitol. Cathy has Lou Gehrig's disease she has lived two decades since she was given three years to live in 1991.

Both believe it's because of marijuana.

"The way I know it works and been keeping her alive. If you take the cannabis out of the picture she gets sick. You put it back in a picture she starts getting better again. Back to normal," said Robert Jordan.

The couple wants to legalize marijuana for medical purposes. They met with lawmakers and staff throughout the day.

We asked how it went.

"We know it's an uphill battle, but it's a battle worth fighting," said Robert.

"We're finally at the top of the hill," said Cathy Jordan.

The couple has formed the Florida Cannabis Action Network. Jodi James says new polling shows the majority in Florida support medical marijuana.

"7 out of 10 Floridians are saying that they absolutely support medical cannabis and safe legal access to this medicine by Floridians. It was something we kind of expected," said James.

As the Jordan's continued from office to office, we caught up with their home town State Senator. Bill Galvano isn't convinced yet; but he's willing to listen.

"So at this point I'm not prepared to change my position, but it is certainly something that I'll look at for my constituent," said Galvano.

18 states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical. The legislation that has been filed to legalize marijuana for medical purposes has been assigned to four committees, and with no hearing scheduled, it remains more than an uphill battle that the Jordan's say they are willing to fight as long as Cathy is alive.

MEDICAL_MARIJUANA_558646469.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: wjhg.com
Author: wjhg.com

Back
Top Bottom