Polls Show Votes Are Close For Medical Marijuana In Arkansas

Katelyn Baker

Little Rock, Ark. - New poll numbers regarding Issue 6, Medical Marijuana, show a very close race leading up to Election Day.

"I'll be voting against marijuana," Tom Jones said.

"I think Arkansas is going to pull through," Amber Barlow said.

The hottest political debate in Arkansas hasn't been Trump vs. Clinton; it's been Issue 6: The Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment.

"I have a son in law enforcement and great concern what that might do," Jones said.

"More awareness is coming that this isn't just helping, this is helping people of all walks of life," Barlow said.

New numbers released Wednesday through the Arkansas Poll, show those in favor of medicinal marijuana outnumber opponents, but not by much: 51 percent to 49 percent.

This is compared to a poll done by Talk Business just two weeks ago, where Issue 6 only had 45 percent support.

With the election deadline less than a week away, voters have actively voiced their opinions. On the streets of Little Rock, it's very close as well.

"It's a dead heat but it's encouraging, because we started out so far behind," Surgeon General Dr. Gregory Bledsoe said.

"Very excited, even though were ahead by one point, one vote is all we really need," said Issue 6 Sponsor David Couch.

But while polls show similar numbers, the price tags don't.

Those for the issue said they've spent more than $1 million, and the opposition reports about $100,000.

"I think we've covered a lot of ground and done a good job. Certainly it can go either way on November 8," Dr. Bledsoe said.

"We had to spend money to educate people in the state of Arkansas," Couch said.

Voters who commented for this story said the numbers don't lie, and the voices of votes on November 8th won't either.

GillianFlaccus3.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Polls Show Votes Are Close For Medical Marijuana In Arkansas
Author: Staff
Photo Credit: Gillian Flaccus

Back
Top Bottom