Pot politics: California To Vote On Legalizing Marijuana

Warbux

In a sign of the times, California voters will decide next November whether to legalize recreational marijuana use for adults.

Wednesday the California Secretary of State Debra Bowen certified a ballot initiative that if passed would legalize the recreational use of marijuana. California would become the first state to legalize recreational marijuana use if the proposition is approved. Marijuana use is legal for medicinal purposes in California and 14 other states.

To date, however, no state has legalized marijuana for recreational purposes. In addition, the drug is still illegal under federal law.
The California vote is a no brainer. The time is now, for California, for the nation. The hypocrisy must end.

Some facts about marijuana:

Marijuana is the third most popular recreational drug in America (behind only alcohol and tobacco), and has been used by nearly 100 million Americans. According to government surveys, some 25 million Americans have smoked marijuana in the past year, and more than 14 million do so regularly despite harsh laws against its use. Our public policies should reflect this reality, not deny it.

Marijuana is far less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. Around 50,000 people die each year from alcohol poisoning. Similarly, more than 400,000 deaths each year are attributed to tobacco smoking. By comparison, marijuana is nontoxic and cannot cause death by overdose.

Marijuana is a cash crop greater than wheat and corn combined.

Enforcing marijuana prohibition costs taxpayers an estimated $10 billion annually and results in the arrest of more than 872,000 individuals per year -- far more than the total number of arrests for all violent crimes combined, including murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault.

Here in Oregon, marijuana is legal for medical purposes, and marijuana advocates are working on their own ballot initiative for the November election. The Oregon Cannabis Tax Act will comprehensively reform cannabis and hemp laws by regulating and taxing adult commercial use in Oregon, while promoting hemp cultivation. We need to collect 125,000 signatures by July 2, 2010 to secure a spot on the November ballot. Please follow the link and do what you can to support this important cause.

Prohibition does not work; prohibition is a historical and contemporary failure. Marijuana should be legalized, taxed and regulated for medical and recreational purposes. Drug use and abuse should be treated as a medical problem, rather than a criminal problem. The war on drugs is a war on Americans. Let us end the assault on our friends and neighbors.

Free the Weed!

News Hawk: Warbux 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: examiner.com
Author: Michael Stone
Contact: Pot politics: California to vote on legalizing marijuana
Copyright: 2010 The Portland Progressive Examiner
Website: Pot politics: California to vote on legalizing marijuana

Seems like most of the growers up in Humbolt are hoping it doesn't pass !! They dont want any price drops !! and legal weed would surly lower the price of weed in Ca. !! :yahoo:

There comes a time in everyone's life when they are forced to adapt or die. Now is Humboldt County's time cause I am voting for legalization. Most of my family lives in the south and would benefit greatly from the medical benefits of cannabis. When I vote yes for legalization it will put us one step closer to freeing my family from the clutches of our corporate health care system. My mom pops over 20 pills a day. I'm convinced cannabis would replace half of those because half of them are used to counter the side effects of the first 10 pills.

FREE THE WEED!!!​
:nicethread: :bravo:
FREE THE WEED!!!
FREE THE WEED!!!
FREE THE WEED!!!
FREE THE WEED!!! FREE THE WEED!!!
FREE THE WEED!!! FREE THE WEED!!! FREE THE WEED!!!
FREE THE WEED!!! FREE THE WEED!!! FREE THE WEED!!! FREE THE WEED!!!
:welldone: :thanks: :yahoo:

:welcome::yahoo::welcome::yahoo::welcome::yahoo:

There comes a time in everyone's life when they are forced to adapt or die. Now is Humboldt County's time cause I am voting for legalization. Most of my family lives in the south and would benefit greatly from the medical benefits of cannabis. When I vote yes for legalization it will put us one step closer to freeing my family from the clutches of our corporate health care system. My mom pops over 20 pills a day. I'm convinced cannabis would replace half of those because half of them are used to counter the side effects of the first 10 pills.

I agree Cephas, I just read an article about the Humbolt growers complaining that legalization would hurt their bottom line !? Sounds like they're just another big corporation to me !!

Back
Top Bottom