Protection From The Police

Wilbur

A Ferndale couple walked into the Ferndale police station Wednesday to ask for protection -- from their marijuana dealer.

The married couple, in their mid 20s, first told police they pulled into the police station parking lot about 2:30 p.m. because they were being stalked and followed in their car by a man they knew. But after police briefly questioned the couple it emerged that they owed money to their alleged stalker, police said.

Ferndale Lt. William Wilson asked them how much money they owed. They told him the debt was for a couple hundred dollars, Wilson said. Wilson then asked the husband what the money was owed for.

"The guy looked at me sheepishly and said, 'I bought some dope from him a couple months ago and haven't been able to pay him,'" Wilson said. The alleged stalker and marijuana dealer used to be a friend of the husband, he added.

Police said the suspected dealer lives in a nearby city. The couple told police the man has been constantly following them in their car, calling them on the phone and knocking on the door of their house.

"They told me he was following them today so they pulled into the police station to get rid of him," Wilson said. "It's not an everyday kind of thing."

Police will investigate the stalking complaint, but Wilson would not comment on any possible charges against the couple.

Wednesday was not the first time area police have been asked to aid a marijuana user having problems.

Seven weeks ago an Oak Park woman called police to her house to check whether her marijuana contained added chemicals.

The woman told officers Nov. 16 she had gotten the marijuana from her boyfriend and suspected it was laced with some kind of chemical, Oak Park police said.

The woman's daughter told Oak Park officers at the time her mother had begun behaving erratically in the previous few weeks, Oak Park Lt. Mike Pousak said at the time.

The woman, Lashoun Wells, 38, gave police the marijuana she had and was ticketed for misdemeanor marijuana possession.

Wells subsequently pleaded guilty to the charge and is set to be sentenced in Oak Park 45B District Court on Jan. 24.

In Ferndale, Wilson said police today will follow up on written statements made by the Ferndale couple.

"We'll see where it goes from there," he said.

Newshawk: User - 420 Magazine
Source: Daily Tribune
Pubdate: 4 January 2007
Author: Michael P. McConnell
Copyright: 2007 Daily Tribune
Website: The Daily Tribune: Breaking News, Sports, Business, Entertainment & Southeastern Oakland County News

I dont even know what to say to that........I couldnt imagine me asking the police for anything much less to protect me from a dealer lol thats rediculous it really is rediculous

WTF?!?! lol man I love the news! lol toke another one dumb ass ppl

Back
Top Bottom