Putting LED lights above each other, is it possible?

I do land strain sativas in a perpetual grow rotating in a new strain every year or two. Jack Herer is my fast growing plant for experimenting on. Right now I only have a couple plants and a bunch of clones because I am going to attempt some feminized pollen. Don't want to bukkake the wrong plant. Normally I have 3 in flower, 2 in veg, and a couple clone starts in around 120 square feet.

Every node is a bud sight. How much light it gets is the major determining factor on how productive that node will be. A branch growing vertically will only get good light to the tip so you get a cola on the end and progressively smaller buds as you distance from the light. Coaxing the branches horizontal allows light to be even all the way down the branches bud sights so they all produce full sized buds. Same effect as growers flowering under a net. I just hate untangling a 5 foot wide plant at harvest so I side light in veg instead.

You can veg almost indefinitely. Longest I have done is around 6 months veg but I know people who have gone over a year to preserve a cultivar. Normally from rooted clone to flower room is 5 weeks, give or take a week based on strain. Every time you prune the plant you stress it a little and remove some of its food stores. This extends the veg time and changes it nutrient needs. This can make under or over feeding each nutrient vary possible. fully flushing with a good nutrient mix is key.
Well it sounds like you have found your place with the growing Sativa, I’m still looking for the way the suits me best, and iv had some good info from you mate, thank you, I didn’t know about the nodes thing, iv had plants stacking nodes and plants with lots of space between them, when they stack I move the light, so now I’m favouring stacking, didn’t like that until now, this grow im doing now, gelato and lemon skunk are stretching, black cherry punch is stacking, zkittles is in between, and iv taken 2 cloned of each of the cherry punch and zkittles for that reason, smaller plants and seem easier to control, iv only taken 1 clone from each of the others, and now I’m thinking if I grow stretchy plants , them side lights would be ideal, got some ideas in me head now int ya :rofl: I do like the mainlining thou, gives much better quality buds, I rushed this one thou and messed up, the clones I having really done nothing with, iv topped to get 8 colas on each but haven’t trained then, gunna just let them grow and see how they turn out, thank you mate for the info and advise, very much appreciated:thanks::thumb:

Back
Top Bottom