Rand Paul Rips Jeb Bush As A Hypocrite For Pot smoking Past

Jacob Redmond

Sen. Rand Paul is calling out Jeb Bush for hypocrisy after revelations Bush smoked pot in high school even though Bush opposed legalizing medical marijuana as Governor of Florida.

"You would think he'd have a little more understanding then," Paul said on Friday, in comments to The Hill after the Boston Globe reported Bush had used the drug in the late 60s during his student days Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts.

"He was even opposed to medical marijuana. This is a guy who now admits he smoked marijuana but he wants to put people in jail who do. I think that's the real hypocrisy, is that people on our side, which include a lot of people, who made mistakes growing up, admit their mistakes but now still want to put people in jail for that," he added.

"Had he been caught at Andover, he'd have never been governor, he'd probably never have a chance to run for the presidency."

Rand sounded off on Bush as the Kentucky Republican kicked off his weekend in Texas, scoring a coveted endorsement from the Texas GOP Chair, Steve Munisteri.

Paul, whose father Ron Paul is a retired Congressman from Texas, spoke at the Dallas County GOP's Reagan Day Dinner on Friday, and on Saturday will headline a Tarrant County GOP.

The libertarian leaning Paul supports legalized marijuana and has called punishment for pot possession "ridiculous."

He has also suggested that he may have dabbled with drugs in his youth.

"Let's just say I wasn't a choir boy when I was in college and that I can recognize that kids make mistakes," he said in a radio interview in December.

sen-rand-paul.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Rand Paul rips Jeb Bush as a hypocrite for pot smoking past - NY Daily News
Author: Leslie Larson
Photo Credit: Bill Clark
Website: Breaking, World, US & Local News - nydailynews.com - NY Daily News

Back
Top Bottom