Review - C.A.P MLC4XT Light Controller

I have a review of not so much of R and M supply's controller but moreso their customer service. I have 2 CAP controllers and they work fairly well. They do the job I need. One I had has a timer that went out. When I called their customer support they wanted me to send it in to get fixed. I was in the middle of a grow so there is NO WAY I could send that controller in. So, I waited until the grow was complete. Took the controller down and sent it in to them. That was the easy part. They paid for shipping in to them and back to me. Way it should be. Well, I get the controller back with a note inside. " Tested unit, Tested properly RTC." So I called R and M Supply and said I had tested the unit myself multiple times and it failed every damn time and if they had really tested it well they would have seen the issue. They said "Well, it tested fine there is nothing I can do" So, a week later I installed the controller and guess what? Of course, the timer failed.
So I called R and M Supply. I want my controller replaced and I get this "dude". Apparently R and M Supply is in a "transition " stage and they cannot do anything! WTF? He said for me to call back in a couple of weeks and see if the transition phase is over lol
So now I have a controller with a timer that does not work and no place to return it to.

People, If you truly want world class service and products that work very well I would suggest using Titan products. Everything I have had an issue with ANYTHING they produce and it's within it's warranty period they have fed exed me overnight the replacement product. No sending it in and waiting. I will never purchase another C.A.P product ever again.

R&M
as of 11/20/2013:
Hydrofarm has recently acquired certain R&M product lines which we will be continuing. Hydrofarm will be offering our own warranties on product lines that we continue. If you have questions about specific products, let us know and we can give further information. Some of these changes are still in process and more items may be added later.

CAP CONTROLLERS: The original American made controller line will continue. While the offering will be trimmed down, several key products will be upgraded in our new production facility. As we're ramping up from scratch on this product line, availability and service will take some time to fully develop.

DIGILUX LAMPS: One of the original “digital ready” lamp lines will be available immediately, with several key manufacturing improvements. These heavy-duty, high performance lamps will continue to be in high demand by your customers. If you have not previously purchased these, ask us for a sample!

MAXLUME HID LAMPS and T5 LAMPS: These consistent performers will continue to be available.

QUANTUM HORTICULTURE T5: This high performance, patented T5 system is one of the best in its class, offering unique features and high output in a lamp/ballast combination!

QUANTUM E-BALLASTS: Back in stock and available! Now backed by Hydrofarm's outstanding service and support!

XXXTREME and QUANTUM HID REFLECTORS: The top sellers of these product lines will continue to be offered, and will be available at great sale prices. Please let us know what you need!

ALL MAGNETIC BALLASTS: We will be selling these solid performers at clearance sale prices! These units, while new, will be sold as is with no warranty coverage. Warranty service on these will be offered for a fee.

VALULINE IN-LINE FANS: This great value product will continue to be offered.

Carolyn Andrews
Reception & Information
Hydrofarm, Inc.
2249 S. McDowell Ext.
Petaluma, CA 94954

Phone: 707 765 9990 ext 120
Fax: 707 765 9888

Makes me glad I didn't buy C.A.P. controllers. I have used many brands of controller in many different grows and have been blessed with a lack of failure. I do know that if a critical controller failed I would want quality support and next day replacement.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Back
Top Bottom