Rubio Says He'd Use Federal Law To Crack Down On Marijuana

Jacob Redmond

Marco Rubio says as president he would enforce federal law against states that have legalized marijuana.

"Absolutely," he said Sunday on Meet the Press. "I believe the federal government needs to enforce federal law." (That part of the interview was short so Rubio's ideas on how far to go are not clear; he's also championed states' rights on various issues.)

But the Florida Republican also said he is open to medical marijuana, provided it goes through the FDA approval process and has true medicinal benefits. "I'm not in favor of legalizing marijuana. I'm not. I never have been."

The question, posed to Rubio from Facebook, marked the second time recently that Rubio has been asked about marijuana. During a forum in New Hampshire, he gave a more expansive response, insisting he would not favor anything used "as a way to get high."

"This country is already paying a significant price for illegal use of drugs and even alcohol."

Rubio has declined to say whether he used marijuana in his earlier years.

15567.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Rubio says he'd use federal law to crack down on marijuana | Tampa Bay Times
Author: Alex Leary
Photo Credit: Alex Leary
Website: Tampa Bay, Florida news | Tampa Bay Times/St. Pete Times

The Republicans are for States Rights so long as the State is attempting to limit Citizens Rights. I seriously doubt that there will be another Republican President for many terms unless they change their attitudes on a great many subjects. They are most dangerous to the general Citizen and we must deal with the gerrymandering of voting districts, they should favor only the Citizen.

Mr. Rubio is not going to make it very far. He has chosen to campaign against what majority of the people want. Rubio and Chris Christie might as well step out of the race.

Back
Top Bottom