Scottsdale Says No To Medical Marijuana Bakery

The General

Arizona - A request to open a medical marijuana bakery in the Scottsdale Airpark has been rejected by city councilors. The Arizona Republic reports Pure Bliss Premium Medibles sought a conditional-use permit to operate the bakery at a site near Redfield and Hayden roads. The site previously was approved for two dispensaries that never opened. A majority of the council denied the request during a meeting Tuesday.

Councilman Dennis Robbins says he didn't think the proposal met the city's criteria for conditional-use permits. The request would have allowed for a wholesale bakery where medical marijuana could be infused into edible goods. Pure Bliss was to operate in conjunction with a medical marijuana outlet in Mesa. Scottsdale Planning Director Tim Curtis says the applicant can revise the application and re-apply.

Cannabis_Cupcake.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Azdailysun.com
Contact: Flagstaff Publishing - Arizona Daily Sun - Contacts

Nothing is going to happen in Maricopa County w regards to #MedMj extracts until Maricopa County Atty Montgomery buries his ax against the benefits of 'infused' edibles, or a judge rules contrary...that the process is 'legal'.

You can forget about the Republican controlled state senate or state house of representatives of Arizona passing a bill clarifying the #MedMj extraction process as legal under the AMMA of 2010.

(Most of the current senators and representatives still stand 'opposed' to that voter initiated legislation...almost 4 years later).

The governor ie.) executive branch would also have to sign that change into law, too!

Would she currently not?

Unfortunately, in our adversarial system of separate judicial power, multiple plaintiffs screaming 'foul' is the only way to escalate the issue to resolution in a reasonably prompt fashion.

Unless, of course, a provision to explicitly exclude the 'old' language from 1960 is replaced with a TOTAL legalization of #MedMj at the household level...including #MedMj extracts...medicinal, recreational or otherwise.

I think I can hear another ballot initiative forming in Az for the upcoming mid-term election due in November of 2014.

Robert Hempaz, PhD Trichometry

Follow me on Twitter @hempaz

Back
Top Bottom