Solidified Coconut Oil

Romulus

The neighbour of mine has a strict diet for medical reasons. Butter is off the list, but she buys solidified coconut oil. Places about 60 grams of coconut oil in a slow cooker with a couple of cups of water. a couple of ounces of bud ground up.

She cooks it for hours for some reason, strains it and puts it in the fridge.

Scientifically, The cannabinoids cling to the oil. in a few hours the coconut oil has solidified with all the goodness in it.

She then just places a portion in her cooking, i.e. she adds almond meal, fine milled oats, some honey, some chia seeds and some cocoa. puts it in a silicone ice cube tray in the fridge. She is left with blocks which stay in the fridge.
**** Warning, I did this with my White Widow/Northern Lights and didn't realise how much I ate. Apparently a quarter of one of those is medicine. I had a whole one and did not want to get up.

Thanks for posting that story. I am looking for a way other than brownies to ingest. Some brownies hit and others miss. On vacay away from home now. Brought the seedling with and had to transplant to the final container today. Sad it’s an auto. Trying another Bubba Cookie grow when home. Have a great weekend Buddies…

Ok. Made in home from da nordth country eh. Romulus ( near Detroit Metro?) did you keep it under your tongue or just digest it the usual way? And how long did it take to feel no pain?

Just how BIG are these ice cube tray pieces? You tried some of hers or did you make it on your own recipe? Thanks.
They are standard ice cube trays, small rectangle. The neighbour uses smaller trays.

When it comes down to it, it all depends on what strength you make it. After the original process, you are left with water and coconut oil, in the fridge the oil floats to the top and you are left with a big disk of concentrate. I usually break this into quarters and use a quarter per mix. You might find you only need a sixth or eighth.
As for how long it takes, well smoking and vaping instantly goes to your bloodstream, but by eating it you have to wait for the digestive process which depends on whether your stomach is full or empty and usually takes about 40 min to over an hour depending.

Back
Top Bottom