Top Off 010

sunny010

:peaceI posted last nite about this girl she's week #14 flowering the top cola is huge like a ball bat, the rest are maybe the size of a jalapeno,the trichomes are like 65%cloud 30%clear 5%amber.... Question. Would it help the rest of the plant get bigger if I took the top cola off ? or would it hurt the plant overall. thank... sunny 010

I would definitely hold off on chopping the cola if 30% of your trichomes are still clear. You do have a couple of options though. You can try to get more light to the bottom of your plant by adding a couple CFL's into your grow space at the height where you think more light is needed. You could also try bending the plant a little bit, but I think at this stage the main stem make be too susceptible to breaking. Another thing would be to maybe do some trimming of fan leaves to get some light penetration to the bottom bud sites. If a leaf is blocking a bud site, cut it off. Also, maybe try tying the branches to a position where they receive more direct light. If you are not satisfied after trying some of these, then wait til the main cola is ready for harvest, and then chop the top off. Worse case scenario = the plant starts to die, but you would be harvesting anyway so no loss ... and your main cola wouldn't have been harvested prematurely.

Hope this helps!

Hey Big mac'' thats the best advise I've gotten since I've been makin posts about this girl. More light thats the ticket. thanks my man. I'll post more later today say around after dinner........

hey mack I'm back, let me give ya a bit of history on this plant. I've been growing her since mid-june, shes an outdoor girl but in a pot 5 gal. I chase the sun with her,weather permitting, now at this time of year 'autumn' she only gets 5 1/2hr. sunlight. the rest is under flo's. the soil shes in miracle grow, and the nutes have been miracle grow plant food, when I put in 12&12 shes getting M.G. bloom. week & 1/2 ago I started to flush just enough to see the water run out of buttom and two days ago gave her a shot of molasses& water 2/3gal. also the dirt 'mg' has pearlite & time release nutes. I have cut some fan leave off,and the rest I paper clip, the branches & buds are heavy tied up.....But heres the kicker'. yesterday I found two little sacks on a bud with pollin in them? whats that all about??... Peace'.

Sounds like you have everything under control. I try to shy away from MG products, because they tend to be very hot for MJ, but there are many people on here who swear by them and get great results!

Anyway, onto the pollen sacs. Basically what is happening is the plant is freaking out. End of the season is nearing, and she hasn't been pollinated. So, in a last ditch effort to makes some seeds, a female can produce some male flowers and self pollinate to reproduce. Not a big deal, just clip them off with some nail clippers and try not to get any pollen on your buds. But chances are, you may get a couple of seeds.

Good luck bro!

Thanks,for the info, heres a question do you think I should flush in a few days and put her into 36hrs.darkness before the ax. I looked at the trichomes this evening and theres a few more amber but I would like to get many more. I need the pain relief. thanks mac.

You should wait for 50% amber and 50% cloudy trichs. That is the optimal harvest time. You can harvest early, but that will have an effect on the potency of your meds. Also, the 36 hours of dark before harvest is definitely a good idea. This will increase trich production so you can try and squeeze everything out of the plant shes got. You should be watering with just plain PH'd water the last 1-2 weeks before harvest to get an optimal flush.

Thanks for stopping by my journal and good luck buddy!

Back
Top Bottom