Viva Sativa: Knockout, Red Diesel, Purple Envy & Honeysuckle Shoot Out - Powered By Breastmilk & Plagron

Ganja those look awesome. Great job on those girls! I’m smoking Red Diesel right now and love it. I grew one last year but it threw nanners and had to take it early for the sake of my others. Nice to see one to full potential.

Keep’em frosty.
Thankyou. I am blown away by her bud sizes. Smells beaut too. Still havr one bean left of her but also have a full mix of Barneys cup winners set for next grow so will be good to see how they fare against this strain. Expecting good dry weight from her too. Thanks for positive comments. Am going over to your diary for a sneak. Lol. Keep smiling.

Day 70 of flower for the Purple Envy and the Knockout . Both looking very happy to go on , especially the Knockout which should have been 7 weeks.
So far from the harvested ladies i have 9.5oz Viva Sativa , 3.5oz Honeysuckle , 4.3oz Barneys Red Diesel. Not too bad so far but am expecting the remaining ladies to push this up a fair bit.
The smoke of the dried buds is awesome. Each one different and flavours that put them apart too. Happy days so far. Looking forward to putting a happy face and completing this grow. New project to get on with now courtesy of Barneys Farm and their generous seed gifts.( watch this space).

Well ot 11 weeks and both the ladies are still going strong. The Purple Envy shows no signs of changing colour yet and the knockout has took over and is supposed to be a 7-8weeks strain.!! Looking at her she could still keep.me waiting at 11 weeks flower +.
Temps been through the roof at 31° quit often. Had a heat exhaust fan pack up ( shit cheap fan speed controller srewed it up) , so had major heat build up for a couple of hours. So want rhis harvest done now so can crack on with next grow and major changes /improvements to the space.
Been selected to try GROW CAPS ( google it. V. Interesting concept) so will have another purpose to chase alongside changing to 8 pot RDWC. Xoco has been a blast but need the speed of hydro and growth rates now.
Roll on harvest. Any comments on these ladies and taking forever , welcomed.

Its finally time !!!!!
The ladies are hung up on their roots untrimmed with minimal cuts to even the dry and allow for non thc psychoactive components to change to active and all those sugars to sweeten the bud. Pain to trim but worth the quality. This grow has been a brèeze besides heat being an issue to deal with. Glad changed to night lights on or wod have cooked them all. Will do a final weight and end the diary finally once dried and sorted. Hope anyone viewing has enjoyed the journey to date. New project with DWCR and some golden tree , flying Barneys Farm cup winners. Bring it on

And finally its all finished and i can say i have a completed journal on 420.
Overall grow was interesting and learnt a hell of a lot along the way.
So here are the final numbers
7 plants
1200watts hps in 2mx2m tent
Total dried weight 836 grams (29.5 oz)
Not too shabby with the heat issues ect...
Hope any visitors have enjoyed the journey with me. Onward and upward with a new rdwc venture

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Day 47 of flowering now. All looking and starting to smell very sweet. With the Red diesel on top, smells a bit like a ram-raided petrol station. Have now started A.N Overdrive for the main but holding it off for the 11 week Purple Envy . This lady is a definate future grow and is being revegged for clones and a try at double cropping her. Barneys Red Diesel and Honeysuckle going same way too. Getting ready to switch to hydro route so only using the coco and fabric pots for next crop. Have loved the grow this far and the Overdrive is noticable this crop more than in my past use of it. The Viva has started bursting as have the honeysuckle. The buds on her are starting to go sideways and swelling out. At least a couple of weeks on the earliest harvest (Viva ) and a while from the end with the Purple envy. Have been using a little dandelion mulched extract i made from a few weeks back in 5 ml per 5 ltr doses on the Purple too. She is also on basic nutes and a touch of pk13/14. No signs of any issues so far. !.
Enjoy the pics. Any comments/advice welcome . Getting lonely here just me and the tumbleweed !!

VERY INTERESTING grow.... breast milk... huh

VERY INTERESTING grow.... breast milk... huh
it had been bugging me for a while over all the goodness from unused breastmilk wasted. I had read about the use of raw milk at 20% dilution with water being used by an agro farmer , to increase crops on his fields. He swore by the practice so it got me interested in milk. It can also be used to kill soft bodied critters in the grow room. ( suffocates them as they use their skin to breath and some have exterior lungs too ??) It was purely an experiment with a few doses then went full tilt and used it alongside every feed. Certainly did no damage and the crop was good too. Highest yield to date !!!. . Am considering a whole Aptimil only coco grow on one girl to see if she can be sustained solely using that. Finding a sweet spot on dosage will be interesting too. Have to experiment and if it is as nutritional as i suspect without worrying too much over the science. Could be a very cheap alternative to all the expensive nutes etc.... Keep your eye out for a future thread.:thumb::Namaste:

it had been bugging me for a while over all the goodness from unused breastmilk wasted. I had read about the use of raw milk at 20% dilution with water being used by an agro farmer , to increase crops on his fields. He swore by the practice so it got me interested in milk. It can also be used to kill soft bodied critters in the grow room. ( suffocates them as they use their skin to breath and some have exterior lungs too ??) It was purely an experiment with a few doses then went full tilt and used it alongside every feed. Certainly did no damage and the crop was good too. Highest yield to date !!!. . Am considering a whole Aptimil only coco grow on one girl to see if she can be sustained solely using that. Finding a sweet spot on dosage will be interesting too. Have to experiment and if it is as nutritional as i suspect without worrying too much over the science. Could be a very cheap alternative to all the expensive nutes etc.... Keep your eye out for a future thread.:thumb::Namaste:
Any difference in taste or body reaction in head to head comparison...?
I wonder if it is modifying soil chemistry or feeding plant.
Curious also as to if the use modified plant nutritional uptake or deficiencies ( which appeared to be none)
Very strange and interesting plant
I wonder what a DWC feeding this would encompass and the result.

So many questions !!!!

SCIENCE !

Any difference in taste or body reaction in head to head comparison...?
I wonder if it is modifying soil chemistry or feeding plant.
Curious also as to if the use modified plant nutritional uptake or deficiencies ( which appeared to be none)
Very strange and interesting plant
I wonder what a DWC feeding this would encompass and the result.

So many questions !!!!

SCIENCE !
your thoughts sound like an echo of mine before i did it. lol. Still has me shocked it didnt do any damage initially but seeing them grow without a single hitch has me more convinced there could be something there. I did consider the dwc idea but as its still a fairly new medium for me ( nft +coco for years) , i thought it would possibly clog as it cycled. It was easy to mix in with the nutes and i used a whole scoop each feed. I stopped it in about week 5/6 flowering but only because i finished the tub of aptimil off and was close to finish . I never got any funky smells or attracted any pests due to it either .
Taste and potency were not affected negatively as far as i could tell.
Not sure who got fed but there was no obvious signs of any build up or even any smell once they were uprooted . The coco dried normally with no residue i could see.
If you read the info on the ingredients for aptimil i used , it has so much in it. I had to substitute it as my baby weaned and the fresh supply ended so only noticeable difference there was the mixing. It builds humans for at least a whole year, bones ,hair,teeth,nails ,skin ,cells and all from a liquid. manna from the gods !!!Has to be something there surely????

Back
Top Bottom