What Do Experts Think of Royal Queen Seeds F1 Hybrids?

Royal Queen Seeds

420 Sponsor
Royal Queen Seeds recently released the first true F1 cannabis hybrids. Find out what makes these new genetics so unique. Then, hear what the experts have to say about growing these varieties.

Royal Queen Seeds recently became the first seed company to create true cannabis F1 hybrids. The agricultural sector has long used this technology to create more productive, uniform, and disease-resistant plants. Now, it's being implemented in the cannabis cultivation industry and RQS makes them available to homegrowers.

The concept of F1 hybrids stand out because of a trait called hybrid vigour. By crossing two highly pure inbred lines, breeders create offspring withenhanced traits. The result? Plants that produce bigger yields and churn out more THC and terpenes. F1 hybrid varieties are also highly uniform; all plants share the same shape and structure, which makes them more predictable and easier to grow.

Many cannabis seed companies market their seeds as F1 hybrids. In the world of breeding, the term “F1” simply describes the plants that make up the first generation following a cross. However, the majority of modern cannabis strains are created using unstable parents. This means they display inferior uniformity and lack the vigour of true F1 hybrids.

Royal Queen Seeds' F1 hybrids are new to the world of weed. However, expert growers are already experiencing the benefits they offer in the grow room and garden. A grower that goes by the name MCFLOW reported that Apollo F1 “was the fastest-growing plant I’ve ever cultivated”.

The hybrid vigour that makes F1s so attractive could soon make them the most popular type of seed. Naturally, it may take some growers time to accept this new category. MCFLOW added, “..my scepticism vanished when I witnessed the exceptional growth and substantial yield of Apollo F1”.

After growing Titan F1, KotiGrowers, reported “impressive potency and high resin production”. Discussing plant uniformity, he added: “All three plants have the same bonsai-like size and are very compact. It is the ideal size for a discreet guerrilla grow”.

Clearly impressed, Oyziphar reported: “What also struck me, besides the strong germination rate, was the growth rate. If you want to keep your cycle short, these new RQS F1 hybrids are the state of the art”.

Agreeing with Oyziphar, a grower called ButterfliesLittleFarm wrote: “What is fascinating is their speed of maturation. The first plant was ready for harvest in less than 60 days”. This grower also seems thrilled at the quality of the buds, saying: “...I have to admit that they are the best I have grown by far—hard and full with a wonderful smell”.

The first true F1 cannabis hybrids show a lot of promise. Large breeding programs and plenty of investment make the endeavour seem impressive. Cultivation experiences shows that they’re more productive, more concentrated with terpenes and cannabinoids, and less prone to common plant diseases.

On top of this, the first wave of growers to try out these genetics are thrilled with the results. According to LittleButterfliesFarm: “I think that in general, F1s are great for growers with a lack of space, and those who want a top result in the fastest time possible”.

Ready to experience the future of cannabis cultivation? Discover Royal Queen Seeds' groundbreaking F1 hybrids today and witness the extraordinary power of hybrid vigour.

Back
Top Bottom