What do you all use for heating, when you're on 12/12?

stokesy

I'm just about ready to flower, but I've realised that iI don't have adequate heating to cover a 12 hours dark period. Heat mats only seem to go up to about 6o Watts. At the moment, I have an 80 watt greenhouse heater in there, But I reckon I'll need around 200 watts, or 150 at least for a 12 hour stretch. Maybe just another greenhouse heater would do - what do you all use, I was wondering?

I have them in a tent, with a "false bottom" where the heater sits.

Another point - I keep the fans on 24hrs.. What you think? Well, 15 mins on, 15 mins off, two fans at each end, when one goes off, the other comes on...

Tks

The SToke

yeah, I would cut the fans out after the light goes off and monitor the drop in temp. do you even need something for the 3 hours following the lights being on?

One great trick in the older days was to build a smaller 24/0 veg chamber 2x2x3 and have it sealed except for the vent for the heat to come off of the light and then this little side contraption runs in the dark cycle and just puts off heat into the dark room. This way you don't do anything and your temps stay well above the cold outside.

another great trick is to run a vent/200cfm fan that sucks air from the house into the grow 24/7. (this depends on the setup, but having the houses air running in the dark grow room will obviously up the ambient air temps.

I would have the heat from the veg

Good ideas... but.. I have the cloning tent on the go, with a cfl - it expels little heat, the main tent is 1.5m square...and the ambient temps in the room with lights off fall to around 14 or 15C.
I'll see if I can get hold of another little heater.

Thanks!

Th SToke

Forgot to mention, I have 3 tents, and the query was regarding the one that's on 18/6 at the moment. That's the one I want to flip 12/12, as the main tent is taking longer than I expected. Been flushing them for 10 days now, so they should be ready to harvest shortly.

Tks

The SToke

Back
Top Bottom