Yet another - help identify this - thread - plenty of info & pics

micro

This is my second attempt - my first one ended poorly. I'm going to blame it on my choice of soil. I had used an organic garden soil that wasn't able to buffer ph for me at all. But this time I am seeing a new problem. The leaves are getting dark brown on the ends and edges. I think it is darker than what I've seen of other examples of nute burn, but I'm no expert either, hence asking for help. Here is info:

Plants — they are clones from my first attempt. Strain is "big bud". About 4 weeks sense the roots took. They looked great in the couple of weeks after roots took, perfect green stems and fast growth. Now stems are very deep purple and growth has slowed drastically.

Soil — Approximately 60% promix, 20% peralite, 10% vermiculite, 10% sphagnum peat moss. Pot size is about 3 gallons.

Watering — My city tap water comes out of the tap at 8 ph, however runoff when watering ends up just below 7, which is what's important, right? My city does not add chlorine =).

Nutrients — I will be using regular home and garden nutrients. I do not live in an area where nutrients designed for marijuana are available. I am starting with is this Schultz "for acid-loving plants" stuff that is 32-10-10 for vegetative and "bloom plus" at 10-54-10 for flowering. I'm doing nutes once per 3 waterings, i.e. water, water, nutes, repeat. So far I have only applied nutes once.

Area and Lights — the box is 2ft by 4ft lined with mylar. Lights are pairs of 24w CFLs in clamp type reflectors. 13 bulbs total, although not all currently used sense plants are small atm. Proper color/temp bulbs for vedge vs flower. For air circulation I have a 140mm PC fan input and a bathroom fan sucking air through a cylindrical diy charcoal filter. Also a fan inside for additional circulation. Temperature is mid 80's. Humidity is like 45%.

asdf11.JPG

asdf21.JPG

asdf31.JPG

re: Yet another - help identify this - thread - plenty of info & pics

pH is way too high. You need to be feeding at 6.2-6.7 range.

I recommend adjusting that water, also are the nutrients the type you dilute in water? If so, add nutrients first, then adjust pH.

If you need products we sell them on our website. We can work with you if you're worried.

re: Yet another - help identify this - thread - plenty of info & pics

pH is way too high. You need to be feeding at 6.2-6.7 range.

I was of the understanding that properly treated soil is able to offset high pH. When I measure the pH of runoff, it is below 7. If I lower my water pH to the 6.2-6.7 range, runoff will be below 5. That isn't good, is it?

Back
Top Bottom