1000w hps

fasts102376

hello all... my growing room is 4'x4'x6' i recently growed with a 400w hps. do u guys think i will yeild more with the 1000w hps? thanks:peace:

I got a 1000 watter for that small of a grow area now i have to go and spend the extra money to use it. Like air conditioning ,enclosed hood, fans, if ya got the extra money then do it its worth it in the long run

yup......if you can keep the temp in the normal range (72-78F is ideal inside) you'll definately increase the yield. The buds should be fatter, denser...... good luck

Of course saturating them with 600 more watts will produce more, but it will also create ALOT more heat than a 400w system. This will require good ventillation and close attention to how far the plants are from the light and if they are getting hurt by the heat produced by the light.

Fans are fine to move the air around, but you will need an exhaust of some sort if you wish to step up to a 1000w light. A 4'x4' area will become a hotbox if not properly ventillated.

They may be expensive, but those vent fans you find for over $100 are sometimes necessary. Most are very quiet and able to be run for long periods of time because they ride on ball bearings. Also, they are measured in CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) which is how much space the fan can vent in one minute. With a little bit of ducting and the least expensive variety and smallest of these fans, you should do fine.

TheGoodness said:
Whats the temp in there? I try to keep mine at no higher than 80
i just got a new thermostat and the temp was 91.. the plants are looking good.. thanks for all the replys....

Back
Top Bottom