13/11 light cycle

Canadian Joe

I was getting frustrated after two weeks of 12/12 and nothing in the realm of preflowers. I read a blog from a master grower who said switch to "13 / 11 and you can thank me later." 13 being off and 11 being on which is an extra hour of darkness than the normal schedule. I'm now thanking this guy later as the next two days I had ore flowers on my plants, all of them except the Auto which is only a couple weeks old. I'll need to do a side by side in separate grow boxes with the same strand with one 12/12 and one 13/11 to know for sure but after no action for two weeks and such explosive preflowers after two days on the extra hour of darkness I'm sold.

Any of you guys/gals ever heard of a 13 off / 11 on schuduke to boost flowering? I have also heard of going dark for 24 hours to jump start flowering but some were worried about hermies with messing with the light cycle in such a dramatic way.

I'm new at this so if love your thoughs.

Also, the largest of my 2 plants was a bag seed and I was hoping it was a female. I planted it before I learned how to sex seeds. The others are Hash Plant Feminized and Dwarf Low Flyer.

Canadian Joe

i've used The Gas Lantern Routine for veg. Works great. Flowering? 11/13 is the truth. I've even flowered exceptional nugs under a 10/14 flower schedule. Same strain over a 2 year period. i'm back to 11/13 because i Have new genetics I'm unsure of their characteristics just yet. Also,this was all under led and cfl.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Exactly, I just grew using 11/13 and I'm finishing the last two weeks with 10/14 and the final 4 days will he total darkness and they are sugary and sticky as hell.

I too am using a 10/14 light cycle for flowering, from what I read it can speed up flowering time at the expense of some final weight. Since this is for my personal use, and I needed to finish this cycle up before I move, I decided to go for 10/14 since about week 4 of flowering.

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom