11/13 cycle

Grail widow. Nev haze x Black widow. Thanks Shanti

The only way I will ever use this method again would be with extremely long flowering sativas. It is about the only way to get them to do well in indoor environments. In fact at some point in time I plan to run some Ace genetics just to grow some of them. This is the perfect lighting schedule for them.

Amnesia Haze is one of those old strains I need to get my hands on. I really like the Cannalope Haze I grow for great Haze flavor. Lots of differnce between a 9 week Haze and a 14 week or more Haze. Long flowering Hazes are going to be different I just don't know how. Amnesia is also one of the rare greats like Blueberry and a few others that everyone should grow at least once.

Amnesia Haze is one of those old strains I need to get my hands on. I really like the Cannalope Haze I grow for great Haze flavor. Lots of differnce between a 9 week Haze and a 14 week or more Haze. Long flowering Hazes are going to be different I just don't know how. Amnesia is also one of the rare greats like Blueberry and a few others that everyone should grow at least once.

I agree

The Haze is amazing, and I grew blueberry just because, free seed and all, and was blown away by it for sure

Haze is a keeper, I made 3 clones and doing STS Fem seeds right now

I agree. Landrace or not, they will flower. I do 11hrs light, 13hrs dark, from seed. It speeds the onset of flowering especially in equatorial sativas, but I can't say whether it actually shortens flowering time. I have a couple different reasons for running this way.

I believe he is mostly speaking about equatorial varieties. 12/12 from seed is a good way to control the height indoors. I grow in a 5ft tall tent, limitations. I couple small containers with reduced light cycle, grows some darn fine herbage in a small package.

Root development is great. Some folks run the aforementioned cultivars at 13on 11off for veg and then 11/13 for flower as it mimics their natural light cycle.

I run 11/13 from seed to control plant size, run micro breeding experiments, save on electricity, and control temps in the summer.

Some less stretchy varieties do not like this and do not yield well. They do however produce delicious buds. It is what works in my world though.

All of that said, if I had the space I would run a tent for veg/clone, a tent for autos, an 11/13 from seed breeding tent, and a big ass flowering room.. but the fact is I live in a 680sqft upstairs 2 bedroom apartment with wife, 2 kids, 2 dogs, I get 10.6sq/ft to do everything.

going to run 4 saiva's like that 11/13 ------- this grow time is an issue so putting them in the flower tent with the "flushing others then once harvested going to 11/13 for the remainder of the 4 ---- 3 mo's left( going to use solo cups or a small pot - have to find a little room in there

11-13 from seed..
IMG_20190215_135626.jpg

thanks - Nice buds !!! going to do 4 at 12/12 and 11/13

“The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours forthe first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting forincreasing darkness time by one half hour every week.The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plantinto blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits.When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, theycreate healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanicaltechniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years asmedicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production,organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counterto the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to growthe best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature alwaysprovides the right answers.”

Interesting info. I have been using lower light times in flower more and more these days. You are right when you say it will be used more in the future.
Computer programs that run all things in a grow room will soon have that stuff built right in. At some point in time they may even recreate certain environments to grow certain strains. With total control you might be able to create the environment landrace strains are grown in. Still not going to make a landrace strain like artificial light. It could do wonders for flavors and smells.

I am also going to try a little of the idea. I won't be dropping it back 30 min a week. I plan to just drop a hour like before but do it a little earlier. Normally I only drop the lights back tell late in flower. This grow I plant to do it twice with a end light time of 10 hours. I am a month into flower now and stretch is pretty much done. I can drop the light time back now without losing much production.

“The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours forthe first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting forincreasing darkness time by one half hour every week.The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plantinto blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits.When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, theycreate healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanicaltechniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years asmedicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production,organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counterto the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to growthe best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature alwaysprovides the right answers.”

also one gets shorter flower times - when using the 11/13 found that was able to cut flower times by 1 week - heard of the green/gas lantern routine as these cycles take into effect of the biology of the plant; they do work !!! --Thanks al lot of very good information --Peace

Back
Top Bottom