11/13 Flowering Cycle: Please give your input

livingsoildwc

Sup 420Mag,

I have been running a 11/13 flowering cycle on my lady, I read that DJ short also recommends the 11/13 flowering cycle. So far I have noticed a ton of resin production, it looks like she is going to finish earlier and yield a little less. I love the way the buds are looking on 11/13, I might give 11/13 last 4 weeks flowering next run.

I found a lot of outdated conflicting info about 11/13, some say plants will take longer too mature, others say harvest will be sooner.

My questions
Will this flowering cycle result in a quicker harvest? And why?

Anybody using the advanced flowering light cycle? Results?
Got this off the weedscene blog:

Advanced Flowering Light Cycle

This advanced light cycle will save you time, money and increase overall production by up to 50%. This flowering light cycle is based on plants that are a 9 week flowering strain. Heres a breakdown of how you should set your timers for your HPS lights in your flowering or bud room:

Weeks 1-2: Set your timer for 11 hours on and 13 hours off.
Weeks 3-4: Set your timer for 10.5 hours on and 13.5 hours off.
Weeks 5-6: Set timers on for 10 hours and off for 14 hours.
Weeks 7-8: 9.5 hours on and 14.5 hours off.
Week 9: set timers to 9 hours on and 15 hours off. this is the final week of flowering and you should be "flushing" your plants to remove all chemicals and nutrients from the roots.

Please give your input here, there is a lot of misinformation on this subject.

Thanks! :Namaste::rollit:

I have heard the same about growing with more darkness. I myself have adopted the 11/13 cycle, only because many growers seem to use it. I would like to see some real evidence as to increased yields/ faster flowering.

Well cannabis likes to produce more thc during the dark period so you might get better bud but I'm unsure about he density you can expect.

Nugs are looking quite solid, I would veg my plants bigger as I noticed less stretch on 11/13.

This friend used 11/13 light cycle on his grow during flowering..

Brother's - Afghani x Skunk #1 - Indoor Soil - 600W HPS - 4x4 Tent

Thanks for that, 11/13 seems to show pheno's nicely.

I have heard the same about growing with more darkness. I myself have adopted the 11/13 cycle, only because many growers seem to use it. I would like to see some real evidence as to increased yields/ faster flowering.

Thanks lazyfish :) let me know about your yields :), I am going to run 4 weeks 12/12 and then finish with 11/13 or 10/14, see if I yield more or less.

Thanks for the input everybody, keep it coming! Advanced lighting :thumb:

I had actually "tested" the hypothesis but there were so many other variables that I would not say it is actual evidence. With the 11/13 schedule I harvested a week earlier....But it also had natural light instead of cfl's, I also got a handle on some nutrient problems and I also generally treated it better. The trichs were about 10~% red when I harvested. Smoke was much better quality with the second (11/13) harvest.

Look into the "Gas Lantern Routine" and also "@Graytail's" and or "@Icemud's grow journals.

The gas lantern routine works well because Cannabis a short day/long night flower and most of the growth and development happens during the night time.

In regards to overall yield there are a number of variable that will increase or decrease total yield, not just the lighting.

Sup 420Mag,

I have been running a 11/13 flowering cycle on my lady, I read that DJ short also recommends the 11/13 flowering cycle. So far I have noticed a ton of resin production, it looks like she is going to finish earlier and yield a little less. I love the way the buds are looking on 11/13, I might give 11/13 last 4 weeks flowering next run.

I found a lot of outdated conflicting info about 11/13, some say plants will take longer too mature, others say harvest will be sooner.

My questions
Will this flowering cycle result in a quicker harvest? And why?

Anybody using the advanced flowering light cycle? Results?
Got this off the weedscene blog:

Advanced Flowering Light Cycle

This advanced light cycle will save you time, money and increase overall production by up to 50%. This flowering light cycle is based on plants that are a 9 week flowering strain. Heres a breakdown of how you should set your timers for your HPS lights in your flowering or bud room:

Week 9: set timers to 9 hours on and 15 hours off. this is the final week of flowering and you should be "flushing" your plants to remove all chemicals and nutrients from the roots.

Please give your input here, there is a lot of misinformation on this subject.

Thanks! :Namaste::rollit:
Hey I dunno how old this is cbf reading. Buds only grow at night. Plant itself grows in light. So more light equals bigger plant. More dark equals bigger buds. U choose. I advise last 4 days change to 14 10. Then drill a hole through the stem then dark for 24 hours then pull. No water for last 3vor 4 days. Flush 2.weeks 1st always. This advise will surpass anything u will ever find. Good luck soilder

Does this really work? Why? Why doesn't everyone do this then.? @Emilya @The Celt @DonkeyDick

I have gone as far as 10/14, but was afraid to push it any further, but I did confirm that it gets you through the bloom period just a little faster than 12/12 would do. I am not convinced that this is the best method to use however, since in the end, it means that less light has gone into making up the buds. I have heard that most strains will tolerate this lighting, while others will be much more likely to hermi and even others will drop out of bloom altogether and go back into veg if you push this too far. If I am running just one strain, I do try to reduce the daylight time in the last couple of weeks as another stressor to tell the plants to get along with things, but that is not always possible in a large multiplant grow.

In all honesty @CADBOY , I doubt that, for most strains, you would see any great difference in flowering time. If it flowered in the same time, you would save a few bucks in energy.

Now, having said that, if you had a strain that was acclimatized to outdoor grows, had a light that contained enough far red (730nm) light, and were able to simulate the daily change in hours/light from June 21st (longest day northern hemisphere) to Oct/Nov, you would likely see a faster ripening. I find plants ripen much faster under natural light (at least at the 45 parallel) than they do under a 12/12 schedule. Dropping temperature into the mid 50s F for the last couple weeks might also factor in there as well

What's the best way to thicken buds for a outdoor grow?

PXL_20230713_195647869.jpg

Back
Top Bottom