19 Year Old Sentenced To Probation For Receiving Pot In The Mail

Weedpipe

420 Member
WILLMAR, Minn. – A 19-year-old woman has been sentenced for receiving about 10 pounds of marijuana in the mail in September.

Vanessa Marie Garza, of Willmar, was arrested after a postal inspector detected a suspicious package, alerted drug task force agents and then delivered the package to her home.

After receiving the package, Garza was stopped by police who also found in her purse receipts for money orders for $450 and $700 and a slip of paper containing the Express Mail tracking numbers for the packages.

Garza was sentenced Monday to five years of probation, a $1,000 fine and 30 days in the county jail on a fifth-degree drug possession charge.

As part of a plea agreement, another fifth-degree drug charge was dismissed and she received a stay of adjudication.

Under a stay of adjudication, no conviction will appear on her record if she successfully completes terms of her sentence

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Osakis Review
Author: Gretchen Schlosser
Copyright: 2009 Forum Communications
Website:Teen sentenced to probation for receiving pot in the mail

Just curious to know if Vanessa Marie Garza is a legal citizen or an illegal immigrant? Because if someone in my neck of the woods excepted any packages containing 10 pounds of weed in it, they would be in fed prison on a 5-10 year sentence not probation.

if someone in my neck of the woods excepted any packages containing 10 pounds of weed in it, they would be in fed prison on a 5-10 year sentence not probation.

i know huh... that must have been a good plea agreement

Just curious to know if Vanessa Marie Garza is a legal citizen or an illegal immigrant? Because if someone in my neck of the woods excepted any packages containing 10 pounds of weed in it, they would be in fed prison on a 5-10 year sentence not probation.

Why would that matter? Are they giving breaks to illegal immigrants?

Legal or not the Feds catch you with mail packages (and it was Feds, + Postal Inspectors) DEA, INS, ICE, USPSI, they are all linked in and if she did not give up anyone she would be in Federal Prison, they have an underground FCI, in Minn. that is used for drug traffickers, and other offenders.
If you or I were caught with 10lbs of anything we would be in Lewisburg, or another FCI located across America. These Prisons house 1 million non violent drug offenders since Mandatory Minimum Sentencing was enacted back in the late 80's. The only way around the sentencing is not a great lawyer or sympathetic judge but being a stool pigeon.
Thats why I have hunting Falcons, and Hawks.

After receiving the package, Garza was stopped by police who also found in her purse receipts for money orders for $450 and $700 and a slip of paper containing the Express Mail tracking numbers for the packages.

She probably had a bunch of money orders but those are the ones she was caught with. $1100 for 10lbs? Even dirt weed is not that cheap. I'm surprised the article did not state the "street value" of 10 lbs. You know how they like to exaggerate the value.

Why would that matter? Are they giving breaks to illegal immigrants?

Well look how well the Government treated the illegal drug smuggler who was shot by the boarder partol agents awhile back... The illegal drug smuggler got imunity for testisfying against the patrol agents who shot him.. WTF is wrong with this picture!!!! Our own Government sided with the illegal drug smuggler and put OUR agents in federal prison for shooting the guy.

Oh, ok I wonder why I didn't make that connection.

Legal or not the Feds catch you with mail packages (and it was Feds, + Postal Inspectors) DEA, INS, ICE, USPSI, they are all linked in and if she did not give up anyone she would be in Federal Prison, they have an underground FCI, in Minn. that is used for drug traffickers, and other offenders.
If you or I were caught with 10lbs of anything we would be in Lewisburg, or another FCI located across America. These Prisons house 1 million non violent drug offenders since Mandatory Minimum Sentencing was enacted back in the late 80's. The only way around the sentencing is not a great lawyer or sympathetic judge but being a stool pigeon.
Thats why I have hunting Falcons, and Hawks.

What that guy said with a few additions. A) Minnesota has very liberal courts, state and federal. B) She's 19. There's always some leeway with 18-21 yo 1st offenders. C) Woman traditionally get much lighter sentences.

1st offense at that age,clean record,good lawyer the sentence may have came about w/minimal rolling.

I was busted some years back because a roomate. They raided my house,wouldnt let me in when they did the raid and they found 2 lbs of some of the sweetest blue berry nug and confiscated cash(which i got back) I wasn't dealing I bought it to smoke cause of major back problems but my roomate snitched and gave me up for the 2 lbs to try to save his own arse... I was never caught dealing,selling,trafficking,or maintaing a dwelling but yet I was charged with all of it.... I was never put in handcuffs, hell the cops even had me drive my own vehicle into the police station where I was held for 6 hours interrogating me and when I wouldn't talk they took me to a room with a tv monitor to see a judge who released me pending a trial date..... Long story short I got a felony charge that will never go away, for some mother natures finest green.... They gave me the felony charge because I wouldn't give up the person/persons supplying the bud....

It was my first offense but they wouldn't let me take a first time offender course and only get a misdomeanor because I had 2 pounds, If I would have had 5 pounds it would have been a mandatory sentence of 3-5 years..... All this trouble for some weed.

I'm treated worse then a murderer, thief or a child molestor just cause I like to smoke weed!!!!!!!!

There isn't anyone in this world that can tell me that smoking weed is worse then a murderer,thief or molestor but thats the way our laws want them to be........

For real ive never heard of any deal like that, mainly cuz they dont happen she must have been growing or deeper than they realize.:nicethread:

If she was "growin" that would have been another Federal Charge on the Federal Indictment,
But Nah not fer her.... She's Special,... A special snitch!
I don't even think they did this in Federal Court, sounds like state or municipal court.

One that they did not have to beat, to make talk....
They had to smack her,.. to shut her up.

"but really agent, I know they smoked a ciggarette in the boys room.... ..back in 72'.."

Couldn't agree more......10lbs. estimated street value 3.7 million dollars.....is it possible for them to be more out of touch with how it really works.

Holy Crap! 10lbs has an estimated street value of 3.7 million dollars? *speechless* Then why do I live in a tin hut and drive a beater? :battingeyelashes:

Well look how well the Government treated the illegal drug smuggler who was shot by the boarder partol agents awhile back... The illegal drug smuggler got imunity for testisfying against the patrol agents who shot him.. WTF is wrong with this picture!!!! Our own Government sided with the illegal drug smuggler and put OUR agents in federal prison for shooting the guy.

I did not know of this thanx. I dont care if I smoke weed or not when it comes to testifying against anybody the guy is wrong for that alone he .........

Damn Straight my man!

Society and LE try to make people out to be scum and take away their freedoms and property for smoking weed.
When I was a kid we were taught only the worst offenders with no hope for living in society were sent to prison, now with the mandatory minimums someone caught with a small quantity of illegal drugs repeadtedly could end up doing 25 yrs to life.
The same is true for the college kid who had a stash over a certain weight he now faces life behind bars... wtf

Back
Top Bottom