Do you think I will make it over 1g/W

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
re: 1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

I tried 4 feet - it still siphons. Here's what I found on the internet:

"For water at standard atmospheric pressure, the maximum siphon height is approximately 10 m (33 feet)"

Are you talking about a vented loop? Then I would still need a valve on top of it

I tried 4 feet - it still siphons. Here's what I found on the internet:

"For water at standard atmospheric pressure, the maximum siphon height is approximately 10 m (33 feet)"

Are you talking about a vented loop? Then I would still need a valve on top of it

I simply don't understand. I have three set-ups doing almost the exact same thing. One uses a 960gph pump, the other two are like 280 gph and all three have high loops in their supply lines and never have had a siphon issue. In the "Ebb & Gro" (C.A.P.'s) system, they use a high loop with a 90* elbow that has a tiny hole in its' lower portion to stop siphoning. There is something else going on with yours I don't completely understand. Any time you run water, un-interrupted, it'll have a siphon effect once the pressure is turned off. By running the loop, it breaks this continuous supply causing a tiny space which breaks the siphon action. Think how hard it is to get a siphon action when you actually want it, like getting gas from your car's tank. If you break it for the tiniest second, it stops; that's what I'm trying to get at here...
I guess I haven't been much help but am really trying to understand and help deal with your dilemma.

My pump is 3300gph - that might be the answer why.
Anyways, I think I solved the problem; glue is still curing, so I haven't tested it yet. Pics coming later

Okay, here they are the pics (those vents only come in 2" diameter, so I had to redo the fittings):

Capture46.JPG
Capture120.JPG

Update. Clones are almost ready to go, so I was focusing on the ventilation and all the sprayers functioning.

Here are some pictures.

I got the small float valve from ebay and rigged it to my catch-pan pump:

Capture48.JPG

Here's the catch pan with the pump in it:

Capture53.JPG

Now the ventilation. This is my pride and joy - homemade 8" carbon filter, 400cfm sunleaves vortex fan and phresh fan silencer:

Capture121.JPG
Capture217.JPG

Anyone knows how to prevent flex hoses from hanging out too low?

Capture312.JPG

This is my main res with all the equipment and sterilizer ready to go:

Capture63.JPG

I only needed 6 rails out of 11 for the amount of clones I have, so this is how I solved this problem (by modifying the manifold):

Capture47.JPG

subbed
1g/w is not uncommon, at least at my house it's not and with far fewer plants. I've pulled 2200 grams wet from 2 plants under a 1000w and 1 was 1700+. Some times less is more.

GL can't wait to see.

Android:
How about a little friendly competition? We are both using BPN. I have a Red Chunk sitting under a 1000w hps she is 1 week into flowering. I'll bet I can pull more from her than you pull with 171 plants.
What ya say?

I'm sure there are a million ways to keep that tubing from sagging. I use some 1" straps that came with a portable DVD player. Any clip type adjustable straps should work just fine. You can find them on old gym bags all day. I think you can also buy them almost anywhere. You can probably use some bungee cords. hook one in a circle around your vent tube and hang it from another one. I think it should move well with your light with a little adjustment. I'm not sure how far those tubes are stretched out now, but make sure you don't have too much slack when the light is at the end. I think that should help. Just shooting ideas, never had to work with a light mover before.

I have my hood turned the other way so the tubes come off of the sides instead of the ends. I bought the webbing to hang it with from Lowes. They have it with all of the duct parts.

On your sagging issue.
I was told when I built my set up :) that the inline fans work better suking the blowing. Now I have and still have a hard time believing this. Everything I mechanically know say's every fan ever made blows better than suks, the only one that can through a wrench in this thinking is a engine powered prop plane, but the propeller is still designed to push more air than it suks, but the plane suks it self fwd or does it blow back pressure enough to push the plane fwd. Laws of physics, Vacuum shouldn't be greater than the force of the fan, the blades multiply it.
So what am I getting at and your issue with sagging.
They explained it to me when you push there will be dead spots, pockets of hot air, when you vacuum it removes all of the air constantly and when suking your tubes will stay up on their own. You need to move the fan at the other end and hook your tubing to the filter. Problem solved and you will run kooler 2

All of the tubing should be straight as possible too, any bends lowers the cfms significantly. If you want to run Co2 with your set up you can only run it when lights are off, you would expel all of your precious co2 out the tent when the fans were running to kool the hood. If you want to run Co2 24/7 the hood needs fesh air from outside the tent.

:peace:

On your sagging issue.
I was told when I built my set up :) that the inline fans work better suking the blowing. Now I have and still have a hard time believing this. Everything I mechanically know say's every fan ever made blows better than suks, the only one that can through a wrench in this thinking is a engine powered prop plane, but the propeller is still designed to push more air than it suks, but the plane suks it self fwd or does it blow back pressure enough to push the plane fwd. Laws of physics, Vacuum shouldn't be greater than the force of the fan, the blades multiply it.
So what am I getting at and your issue with sagging.
They explained it to me when you push there will be dead spots, pockets of hot air, when you vacuum it removes all of the air constantly and when suking your tubes will stay up on their own. You need to move the fan at the other end and hook your tubing to the filter. Problem solved and you will run kooler 2

All of the tubing should be straight as possible too, any bends lowers the cfms significantly. If you want to run Co2 with your set up you can only run it when lights are off, you would expel all of your precious co2 out the tent when the fans were running to kool the hood. If you want to run Co2 24/7 the hood needs fesh air from outside the tent.

:peace:

Here is your only issue with sucking instead of blowing the air. if you have to reminain 100% stealth then sucking the air wouldn't be your best option. NO hood that I'm aware of is 100% leak proof. You would then be sucking unfiltered air out into the air where ever your exhausting it to and may come up with an odor you don't want or need. IF your blowing the air then this would be a non issue.

Here is your only issue with sucking instead of blowing the air. if you have to reminain 100% stealth then sucking the air wouldn't be your best option. NO hood that I'm aware of is 100% leak proof. You would then be sucking unfiltered air out into the air where ever your exhausting it to and may come up with an odor you don't want or need. IF your blowing the air then this would be a non issue.

They make duct tape for that, and the quantum's I bought have felt all around the seal. If your going to be running CO2 like I am and many people do you have to grab fresh air any ways from some where else other than the room that you are growing in, There are many ways to hook it up. I could not suck through all my hoods. I pull through 1 and blow through the other. sometimes the layout of the room wont allow it.
Like I said this is what I was told by my local hydro shop. I followed their tips the best I could. They are all growers to must be good1's to because he has 3 stores to launder his $$ through and I seen a couple pics, It looks like something you would see in High Times, they tend the trade shows in Vegas, and seem to be up on what they are doing.

And for a fan Filter with co2 running 24/7 you would hook the fan to the filter and just in and out in the room/tent or use it as a exhaust fan/filter that's what I will b doing.
If your going to run Co2 you really need to think it out so you don't waist your $$$ on Co2 going out the room.

I solved the sagging problem using the spare wheel set, some metal, cardboard and some rope:

Overall view:

Capture219.JPG

One extremity:

Capture54.JPG

other extremity

Capture314.JPG

Modified switch:

Capture123.JPG

2) As you can see, my hood is leakproof

3) No, I am not planning on CO2. Fresh air enters the room through the furnace outlet (always on) and will leave directly into the return stack

:thanks:

I agree. But that problem is easily solved by putting your carbon filter at the end of your exhaust. And sucking air is tenfold better then blowing air when stealth is a concern due to negative pressure it keeps smells from escaping through cracks and what not. Sucking air funnels all the smell to one point and at the end of that point is a carbon filter.

subbed
1g/w is not uncommon, at least at my house it's not and with far fewer plants. I've pulled 2200 grams wet from 2 plants under a 1000w and 1 was 1700+. Some times less is more.

GL can't wait to see.

Keyword here is wet weight. What did you get dry? That's what counts and that's the common practice of measuring gpw's using dry weight. Also going by the common standard of losing around 2/3's weight once dry that's only around 550gs which is fractionally over .5gpw

Keyword here is wet weight. What did you get dry? That's what counts and that's the common practice of measuring gpw's using dry weight. Also going by the common standard of losing around 2/3's weight once dry that's only around 550gs which is fractionally over .5gpw

Ya your right once agian my math was off. it was 2200g wet dryed up to 20oz still a long cry from 1gpw

so to met that with a 1000w one would be needing to pull 4000g holly shit and that would be like 35oz dry. sounds like prison time to me.

Back
Top Bottom