1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

Do you think I will make it over 1g/W

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
re: 1G/W - Aero 171 Plant SOG Under 600W w/Mover - Kandy Kush

Regardless if you didnt have 1gpw Space its still a good grow to pull that off 2 plants I wasn't downing on you or nothing man. 4000g is 4gpw using 1000w that's CRAZY lol but na bro you would just need 1000g's dry to pull off 1gpw with 1 1000w light.

I agree. But that problem is easily solved by putting your carbon filter at the end of your exhaust. And sucking air is tenfold better then blowing air when stealth is a concern due to negative pressure it keeps smells from escaping through cracks and what not. Sucking air funnels all the smell to one point and at the end of that point is a carbon filter.

Yeah, I had thought about this as well but there is no way I'm getting that filter up a ladder and then through the attic by myself. 10in x39in filter and it weighs a ton!

Regardless if you didnt have 1gpw Space its still a good grow to pull that off 2 plants I wasn't downing on you or nothing man. 4000g is 4gpw using 1000w that's CRAZY lol but na bro you would just need 1000g's dry to pull off 1gpw with 1 1000w light.

No I Know you weren't. People are to easy to jump to conclusions, I like to joke around and shit, Sure miss SmokzAlot

it would take 4000g wet to dry out to a 1000g's is what I was trying to get at.

If you would like to see the plant that pulled it off here ya go bro, I'm nothing but proud of her and her sister.
SpaceGhosts 1st Grow Hydro Advanced Nutrients

I agree. But that problem is easily solved by putting your carbon filter at the end of your exhaust. And sucking air is tenfold better then blowing air when stealth is a concern due to negative pressure it keeps smells from escaping through cracks and what not. Sucking air funnels all the smell to one point and at the end of that point is a carbon filter.

Yes this is what I will be doing in my room. The filter will be attached to the exhaust fan up near the ceiling and exiting to my garage. That way it also pulls the warm air out without pulling the co2 from the room

HighFlyin5 you can check out my new 6000w grow room I just built and am finishing it up this weekend with a Nat gas co2 burner
SpaceGhosts RDWC Multi Strain Grow

Ak1: I wana ask ya with out getting afended. why you used 4 x 4's in your new room when you were doing this to gain more height for taller plants? I used a 5/8 x 6" to hug the ceiling as much as possible. If your worried about the holes that the hooks will make, Spakel is cheap (thats what my hydro store told me). the 5/8 board is more than strong enough. Also you can gain more height by using pulleys and rope rather than the ratchets. I myself did't like those ratchets cause I'm short and getting up there was difficult and the lowering wasn't so easy ether, the pulleys solved all those issues. (90 plants in a room might not make it any easier) remeber your going to be working in there make everything as easy as possible 4 yourself.
:peace:

Yes this is what I will be doing in my room. The filter will be attached to the exhaust fan up near the ceiling and exiting to my garage.

HighFlyin5 you can check out my new 6000w grow room I just built and am finishing it up this weekend with a Nat gas co2 burner
SpaceGhosts RDWC Multi Strain Grow

Ak1: I wana ask ya with out getting afended. why you used 4 x 4's in your new room when you were doing this to gain more height for taller plants? I used a 5/8 x 6" to hug the ceiling as much as possible. If your worried about the holes that the hooks will make, Spakel is cheap (thats what my hydro store told me). the 5/8 board is more than strong enough. Also you can gain more height by using pulleys and rope rather than the ratchets. I myself did't like those ratchets cause I'm short and getting up there was difficult and the lowering wasn't so easy ether, the pulleys solved all those issues. (90 plants in a room might not make it any easier

They are actually 2x2's
We will see how it goes and make adjustments as needed. I have no worries about holes in the room as my other grow room looks like swiss cheese. At the moment I'm not too worried about the 2inches the wood takes up. If it becaomes an issue I'll change it.
I agree though that using a pulley type system would be easier to get the lights up and down.

Yeah, I had thought about this as well but there is no way I'm getting that filter up a ladder and then through the attic by myself. 10in x39in filter and it weighs a ton!

Thought they were 4 x 4's my bad

Ak1. How about the 10" filter near the ceiling and then the fan suking and then exhausting to the attic?

They are actually 2x2's
We will see how it goes and make adjustments as needed. I have no worries about holes in the room as my other grow room looks like swiss cheese. At the moment I'm not too worried about the 2inches the wood takes up. If it becaomes an issue I'll change it.
I agree though that using a pulley type system would be easier to get the lights up and down.

They have all the pulleys at lowes/home depot and I think it's cheaper than the ratchets 3.00 each I think, and just a little something I did, was I used 2 colored ropes at each station in front so I know which light I was raising/lowering with out having to put to much thought into it
My room also looks like swiss cheez and the stud finder didn't help.

It's planting day today - I'm throwing my clones in the mix. Hope there won't be much overspray from below, or the leaves are going to suffer from the nutes spraying up like Bellagio fountains.
All I have to finish at this point - is the water line for the top-off valve and put the 6" round ducting adapter going to the return stack through the ceiling drywall - something that can wait a week.

I also think my reflector is hanging too low (the light is dimmer on the sides of the tent than in the middle), but not sure how to address this? Would putting up the "hot spot dissipator" thingie help with spreading the light? The reflector that I have is not wide enough, I think...

Okay, here's the scoop:

These are my clones:

Capture57.JPG

Here is the result:

Capture125.JPG

I had to remove one more rail, because a lot of clones did not make it:

Capture220.JPG

The catch pan now has a lid:

Capture410.JPG

All systems go!:

Capture56.JPG

This is probably an overkill:

Capture315.JPG

Not sure if I should leave it @50% or at 100%. 50% is plenty for the clones in my book:

Capture64.JPG

The cooler fan on my craigslist ballast was kaput, so I stuck the ballast out the intake hole for cooling:

Capture73.JPG

This is where fresh air enters the tent:

Capture82.JPG

...and where it leaves the tent:

Capture92.JPG

Here is where it's going to go - the return stack is right behind the drywall where I noted by drawing a rectangle. The arrow points to the hole I took the next shot from:

Capture1110.JPG

here is the end of the return stack:

Capture101.JPG

This is where I get RODI water for now (pretty nifty, huh?):

Capture126.JPG

This is what's for dinner:

Capture131.JPG

No adjustments were needed!:

Capture141.JPG

:thanks:

PLUR :peace:

Update: ventilation and all the plumbing are finally done - I don't have to worry about a thing.

Here is the exhaust (you can also see a black water line on some pics):

Capture221.JPG
Capture83.JPG
Capture127.JPG

Here are my new oscillating the correct way $33 ventilators - two of them:

Capture411.JPG
Capture316.JPG

I finally installed a small sterilizer in the catch pan, it was getting algae bloom only about 2 days after installation:

Capture65.JPG

My new res top-off valve:

Capture59.JPG

These are 3-days old clones. No signs of life yet:

Capture74.JPG
Capture58.JPG

On this grow - never.
This is the nothing else but a clone factory. I am only going to veg them for as long as it takes them to develop some branches and nodes and stuff, and then I will dismember every good clone to make at least 4 clones - I need to cut 216 clones (6 full trays) to fill up the whole rig. Whatever clones that will be left from all the chopping will inhabit my other smaller rig (once overgrown bitch finishes its flowering), and will be left with nothing but a single cola. They will be put under 12/12 from the get go. My smaller rig is 70 plants when it operates as intended.

On your sagging issue.
I was told when I built my set up :) that the inline fans work better suking the blowing. Now I have and still have a hard time believing this. Everything I mechanically know say's every fan ever made blows better than suks, the only one that can through a wrench in this thinking is a engine powered prop plane, but the propeller is still designed to push more air than it suks, but the plane suks it self fwd or does it blow back pressure enough to push the plane fwd. Laws of physics, Vacuum shouldn't be greater than the force of the fan, the blades multiply it.
So what am I getting at and your issue with sagging.
They explained it to me when you push there will be dead spots, pockets of hot air, when you vacuum it removes all of the air constantly and when suking your tubes will stay up on their own. You need to move the fan at the other end and hook your tubing to the filter. Problem solved and you will run kooler 2

All of the tubing should be straight as possible too, any bends lowers the cfms significantly. If you want to run Co2 with your set up you can only run it when lights are off, you would expel all of your precious co2 out the tent when the fans were running to kool the hood. If you want to run Co2 24/7 the hood needs fesh air from outside the tent.

These plants do NOT utilize CO2 in their dark cycle they only benefit from it when lights are on and photosynthesis is happening.
I can see the benefit of sucking with this type of fan but don't know why this is true. I have found this to be the case though...

I solved the sagging problem using the spare wheel set, some metal, cardboard and some rope:

Overall view:

Capture219.JPG

One extremity:

Capture54.JPG

other extremity

Capture314.JPG

Modified switch:

Capture123.JPG

2) As you can see, my hood is leakproof

3) No, I am not planning on CO2. Fresh air enters the room through the furnace outlet (always on) and will leave directly into the return stack

:thanks:

Man, those extreme bends concern me. I'll bet you're loosing about 1/2 of the fans' power to those restrictions.
Also, when it comes to moving/filtering air, don't listen to Hydro shop people, listen to an HVAC guy who knows what and WHY things are like they are. Just my 2c worth, actually more like 1-1/2 c worth...

One thing to consider when running air through ducting is that: flexible duct has tremendous resistance in it, those spirals trap air and really reduce the airflow. Using straight, rigid duct (available in 2 ft. and 4 ft. sections from your local building supply) and converting to flex only where necessary (change in length due to reflector movement) thus in much shorter sections, will gain you a lot more in the total CFM's your fan actually moves. Just my 2c worth...

Back
Top Bottom