1st attempt at DWC hydro but

b5ce8d46108f0216772b777c5c1e4741.jpg
4ad703ee07a83c3a592a2ec0d3e56d5d.jpg

Ok, this just started today- they were greening very well after the last issue but now it's losing color again. I increased nutes today to about 950ppm from 700ppm and always include cal mag.
I did move the lights much closer but there isn't any top burn. So I'm a little confused.

Sent from mikeytv

..........Ok, this just started today- they were greening very well after the last issue but now it's losing color again. I increased nutes today to about 950ppm from 700ppm and always include cal mag.
I did move the lights much closer but there isn't any top burn. So I'm a little confused.
Sent from mikeytv

What is the pH reading? When was the last time you calibrated your pH meter?

Most pens I've seen say to calibrate at least monthly, and at two different points. Usually 7.0 first then 4.0 The sweet spot in theory is 5.8, but there needs to be a swing from below that up through 6.1ish to fully uptake all nutrients. A meter off by a half point can mess you up.

I dont know if its still relevant but i put one in a five gallon bucket and two in and 18 gallon.

to each their own and mine to smoke

I'm looking at doing just that. I realize I'm basically sharing less than 2 gallons per plant in this set up. I will go to 5 gallons for all. Seems to be the easiest.
Thanks!

Sent from mikeytv

Update.
So, I have been challenged with some issues the past few days but I seem to have it under control. As you can see, all the girls were dealing with paling/ yellowing but I did provide more nutes..I'm averaging 700-900ppm... and it seems to be helping.
Good news is they are getting greener and fuller today. I was actually amazed at some of the growth just from overnight.

c215d0be872cb8c616e4f510e11f478c.jpg
ef0572cbc79395d38dffc50718dcd076.jpg

So if you zoom in you can see better each plant but all are doing better.
Middle plant is finally growing the beginnings of a solid root system. She is my only seed plant- other 3 are clones which brings me to my questions.
Any suggestions on trimming these? No idea with hydro. I'm having space issues so thinking of keeping these in veg for a while longer but not sure about that either as 3 are spreading pretty quick and I can see crowding issues happening. Any thoughts on that and if I need to transplant these and when....
Thank you!

5054718ac9b6b3ee3969a88ccccb8557.jpg
6976939a52d961841f80c61fc1f7c261.jpg
3145b170cdff23cee4fd4087bc4bccd1.jpg
6c68e36cefc28f1c952a327bb5dd07a5.jpg

Sent from mikeytv

Hey quick question how often do you chanhe your resevoir? It looks like you have some ph issues or calmag issues on those plants.

Hey quick question how often do you chanhe your resevoir? It looks like you have some ph issues or calmag issues on those plants.

These girls have been recovering from a major calmag issue and are getting their color back. the middle one is the only one with major issues still but she is finally getting roots- took forever but they are finally coming and I expect her to improve greatly in the next week or so once the roots really take hold.

Sent from mikeytv

Update. I have been slowly feeding a little more nutes to see if there is an optimum level. So far 900ppm is working well so looking at upping as they get healthier.
The middle girl really grow some roots last night. They all have but she is most concerning and looks like she is on the mend.
420-magazine-mobile88709653.jpg

Sent from mikeytv

Looking great since you boosted your nutes. Your plants are much healthier.

I have the same problem with yellowing leaves. My dwc is a hybrid witch soil and leca pellets. The nutes is canna flower soil. Don't know the pH, busted my probe. Haven't any way of measuring the nutes. But they are also looking better.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking great since you boosted your nutes. Your plants are much healthier.

I have the same problem with yellowing leaves. My dwc is a hybrid witch soil and leca pellets. The nutes is canna flower soil. Don't know the pH, busted my probe. Haven't any way of measuring the nutes. But they are also looking better.

I remember seeing a video about how to check ph with household stuff. Might be worth googling. Thank you! Yes!!! Looking much better. Nutes and watching that ph. Would really like to see how far I can take the nutes but not sure they can handle it. We will see!!!
Soil and leca pellets? Interesting. I have some Rockwool but mostly just river rocks. Work well.
The only real question I have is the growth time- these girls are slow. I know a lot of that is my fault but still thought they would outgrow my soil grow.

Sent from mikeytv

I remember seeing a video about how to check ph with household stuff. Might be worth googling. Thank you! Yes!!! Looking much better. Nutes and watching that ph. Would really like to see how far I can take the nutes but not sure they can handle it. We will see!!!
Soil and leca pellets? Interesting. I have some Rockwool but mostly just river rocks. Work well.
The only real question I have is the growth time- these girls are slow. I know a lot of that is my fault but still thought they would outgrow my soil grow.

Sent from mikeytv
They should grow double the size in DWC than soil. I have 2 mother's that started veg on 9/16 flipped to flower 2 weeks ago. This is last night's pic
420-magazine-mobile2097898848.jpg
420-magazine-mobile162820078.jpg
420-magazine-mobile953333591.jpg
420-magazine-mobile953692763.jpg
now this is a Afghan Kush that has been in veg since 4 weeks ago. I just flipped her 6 or 7 days ago.
420-magazine-mobile1058600936.jpg
420-magazine-mobile846558446.jpg
that was last night after a lite defoil. But as long as pH and ppm are dialed in then your growth could be 2 inches a day whether it's upward or bushy growth either way, you should notice a big difference, my guess is pH might be off a little. I always start at 5.6 and let her drift up to 6.3 then pH down. Currently my ppm is 1000. But my water is hard so it's starting at 300 ppm. So hopefully you can dial her in to get the growth you deserve from DWC

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

They should grow double the size in DWC than soil. I have 2 mother's that started veg on 9/16 flipped to flower 2 weeks ago. This is last night's pic
now this is a Afghan Kush that has been in veg since 4 weeks ago. I just flipped her 6 or 7 days ago.
that was last night after a lite defoil. But as long as pH and ppm are dialed in then your growth could be 2 inches a day whether it's upward or bushy growth either way, you should notice a big difference, my guess is pH might be off a little. I always start at 5.6 and let her drift up to 6.3 then pH down. Currently my ppm is 1000. But my water is hard so it's starting at 300 ppm. So hopefully you can dial her in to get the growth you deserve from DWC

I'm not seeing the same growth compared to my soil. Soil is loving life and I seem to be working them every day or every other day. I can de foil and have to do it again 2 days later.
Here is my favorite girl. Just bad seed- about 2 months from seed- maybe 2.5.
420-magazine-mobile1431994521.jpg

She is super low to her pot so maybe 6-8 inches from soil- tons of new growth and bud spots- I'm trying mainlining/ fimming and a lot of bending and binding to keep her low and spread- crazy!
Other favorite!
420-magazine-mobile1824543440.jpg

Crazy colas and only take up a square foot of floor space. I figure if they grow to 3 times their size I'm only looking at 2 -3 feet and should stay within their footprint.

Now my dwc-- just a few inches tall and look so small compared to these girls. All about same age but dwc group have been through hell over the holidays...

Sent from mikeytv

Man, that is a fine plant you have there... her trunk is what I'm trying to achieve. Like a pig knuckle!

Sent from mikeytv

Man, that is a fine plant you have there... her trunk is what I'm trying to achieve. Like a pig knuckle!

Sent from mikeytv
Thanks, I love my ladies!!! I train them by topping/fimming and LST. So I get all my lateral branches exposed. Like I said she vegged since 9/16. I up potted her 4 times . Started Solo cup, then 1 gallon pot the 3 gallon pot now her final resting place is a 5 gallon fabric smart pot. Since put in smart pot I have noticed a huge increase in size. I never feed her til flower started. She is in FFOF OCEAN FOREST. But it's been 4 months so all those nutes are gone. So currently I feed her once a week with GH products, with some additives like earth juice hi-brix, diamond nectar, cal-mag, and started use Fox farm three part bud booster. Currently I just finished with open sesame on her and added beastie bloomz now. I also ALWAYS ALWAYS use mammoth p. It's by far the best nute you can give her besides the most important one, patience!!!

About soil and leca. My last grow started in just "mart"-soil and leca in the bottom and top. The grow space was just 30x70x100cm and I had no room for bigger pots. So I bought an air pump, 10L bucket and started a dwc. Upsy daisy, the girls hade developt air hung roots.

So this second grow I started up using this system with soil/leca. But they seem to had harder to adapt this time. I have ordered coco a/b canna nuts. I'm gonna try switching the nutes tomorrow.

Nice soilgrow. Scrog? I also have two nice small girls 4weeks old under UFO 90w... thought I'd test the yield of the lamp.

I wish I had the balls to post some pics. But I fear the iPhone imbed gps cords to the pics? In Sweden they lynch people for growing. :p

About soil and leca. My last grow started in just "mart"-soil and leca in the bottom and top. The grow space was just 30x70x100cm and I had no room for bigger pots. So I bought an air pump, 10L bucket and started a dwc. Upsy daisy, the girls hade developt air hung roots.

So this second grow I started up using this system with soil/leca. But they seem to had harder to adapt this time. I have ordered coco a/b canna nuts. I'm gonna try switching the nutes tomorrow.

Nice soilgrow. Scrog? I also have two nice small girls 4weeks old under UFO 90w... thought I'd test the yield of the lamp.

I wish I had the balls to post some pics. But I fear the iPhone imbed gps cords to the pics? In Sweden they lynch people for growing. :p

It is a little of everything- scrog included. It's hard not to top and fimm when you see them coming. It's like a hydra! Lol
Yeah, may take that advice on privacy. Be safe.

Sent from mikeytv

Girls are looking so much better! I actually trimmed yesterday to try to clean up all the new growth around the middle of the plant. Even the middle plant who had most problems is coming back strong. I wanted to show how low they are. I have been working to keep all the girls even and spread and low.
420-magazine-mobile981570990.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2085662789.jpg

I plan to scrog too but am debating if I should separate these girls or not. It's a space issue.

Sent from mikeytv

Back
Top Bottom