1st Grow - Getting Ready To Flower - Questions Please

Enchanted1

I am getting ready to put my first two girls to flower. I have read and watch videos, made plenty of mistakes and still question my every move. 1 and 2 are now 2 months from sprouted seed. I read somewhere that the mother plant needed to be two months before cloning - so I waited. I took 7 clones from #1 on the 19th of Sept. I have given them no nutrients since just before taking the clones - they have had PH'd Well water only. I am growing in FoxFarm Ocean / Coco Coir mix. They are Northern Lights Indica plants. I read that they needed to be flushed before going to flower. I am working on that now.

Here is my plan... Flush tonight and cut back light from 18/6 to 17/7.
Tomorrow, begin the Grow Nutrients and cut back light from 17/7 to 16/8.
Continue cutting back the light schedule one hour each night.
Start Full Grow 12/12 next weekend.

My questions.
Does all of this seem reasonable?
Mostly - I have read that the girls will double to triple in size during flower. Is this correct ?? I may be in trouble if this is the case. I didn't really start reading about Bending until a couple of weeks ago and #1 & #2 are already about 3 foot. (#I is bent, but at an - \ - angle) Doubling would be pushing it! I think I can mount everything at about 72" - but there still needs to be at least 14 inches between them and the LED light. What should I do? Do I consider topping them some? I would need to cut down a few inches of the main stem to make much difference in their height.

#3 & #5 are a couple of weeks younger - I am trying to learn the art of bending more with them. My two youngest seedlings are from a different strain - they just sprouted Sept 7th. I just hope I can manage a harvest! Sorry - I haven't figured out the picture posting procedures here.

THANKS

You wouldn't need to cut back every hour every day. All my past grows all I've done is switch from 18/6 to 12/12 in one night. Once the light goes on that given day i just push forward the off time by 6 hrs. To give you a better idea my light goes on at 3pm and off at 9am in veg. When I'm ready for the flip I keep the same start time and just change the off time to 3am.

Yes some strains can stretch in flower 2x-3x the size of the plant prior to flip. You can manage the height using different methods. Scrog net, LST, and super cropping are great methods to control height. If you need help finding links on any of these methods I'll be glad to help

Here is a link from the 420 administration on how to post pics. This will help us help you.

photo-gallery-guide-how-resize-upload-post-photos.html

GreenSmurf
:green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom