1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydroponics

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 and DWC System, 400W HID, 8 Different Strains, Hydroponi

1/25/2013 - Looking Good and Another Sprout on the Way!

I built a new setup for my little guys. I added an extra fluorescent and a fan. The temperature has stayed pretty good staying between 75 degrees and 82 degrees. Been keeping the humidity up and seems to be doing them good.

photo-208.jpg

(New Setup)

photo-197.jpg

The OG Kush is looking good and the L.A. Women behind it looks like it has just about sprouted.

photo-1811.jpg

The Stacked Kush is also looking pretty good and finally opening up nicely. I'm still leaving the Headband in there for now just to see what will happen.

The headband seed that has been in water for 55 hours still has not germinated so I am going to put it between some moist paper towels and see what happens.

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 and DWC System, 400W HID, 8 Different Strains, Hydroponi

1/26/2013 - Growing Good!

The OG Kush is still doing great and the L.A. Women is coming along nicely. The OG #18 has also sprouted nicely and is looking healthy.

photo-2112.jpg

Front Left: OG Kush
Back Left: L.A. Women
Front Right: L.A. Confidential
Back Right: OG #18

photo-2214.jpg

Front: Stacked Kush
Back: Headband

1/27/2013 - 2 New Seeds Coming!

I checked on the Headband seed that was germinating in the paper towels and noticed it finally cracked so I planted it this morning and it looks as if it is almost about to sprout. All of the other sprouts are also growing and looking great. I am trying to have some clones for my next grow so I decided to begin germinating my Silver L.A. and Cole Train seed. I will most likely have 5 plants in my 400w setup and have any others in the area my sprouts are now with the 4x 32watt fluorescent lights to grow as mother plants.

-I was wondering how long should I keep my sprouts under fluorescent lights before I move them into my grow closet with the MH light?

-I was also wondering should I keep the humidity dome over my sprouts or should I take the dome off and lower my lights closer to the sprouts?

photo-2311.jpg

From Left to Right (Back Row):
L.A. Women
OG #18
Headband

From Left to Right (Front Row):
OG Kush
Headband
L.A. Confidential
Stacked Kush

1/29/2013 - Rockwool Soaking

After 3 days of my Silver L.A. and Cole Train seeds not germinating, I put them in between some moist paper towels and am waiting to see what will happen next. Also, the L.A. Confidential finally seems to have germinated and looks as if it will sprout within the next few days.

Here's a pic of the sprouts so far:

photo-256.jpg

L.A. Women ----- OG#18 (Back Row)
OG Kush ----- Headband ----- L.A. Confident

photo-247.jpg

Headband (Back Row)
Stacked Kush (Front Row)

I have rockwool soaking in distilled water and will transplant the L.A. Women, OG Kush and Stacked Kush tomorrow. I will leave them where they are for another day then will move them into my rainforest system. I will mix up my nutrient solution tomorrow. I am using 31% of the recommended strength for seedlings) so I will put 10ml of each in the reservoir (filled with 13 gallons of distilled water).

2/1/2013 - In the System!

I transplanted the OG Kush, L.A. Women, OG #18 and the Stacked Kush into rockwool cubes on the 30th. Yesterday, I moved the plants from the trays under fluorescent lights and put them into the rainforest 66 and turned all of my equipment on. They just finished their first 18 hour light cycle are are looking pretty good. THe only concern I have so far is the the L.A. Women might have been slightly overwatered because the leaves are drooping. Besides that, no problems and the plants have been looking great. I also moved my 4" fan to the bottom of my system and turned it into an intake fan, then added a 6" fan in place of the 4" fan to create a successful air circulation system.

Sprouts under fluorescent lights:
photo_2613.jpg

photo_2712.jpg

Left to Right: Cole Train, Silver L.A. and L.A. Confidential

photo_2813.jpg

Hadband

New Air Circulation System (New 6" Exhaust Fan and Moved 4" Fan to the Bottom to serve as an Intake Fan):
photo_2912.jpg

Nutrient Solution:
I mixed up 2.5mL of FloraGro, FloraMicro and Flora Bloom to the 11 gallon (I ended up going with 11 gallons instead of 13). I also added 17mL of Diamond Nectar and 34mL of FloraBlend.
*Using 31% of the GH recommended dose

TDS: 138ppm
PH: 6.0

photo_305.jpg

Front Left: OG Kush
Back Left: L.A. Women
Back Right: OG #18
Front Left: Stacked Kush

photo_3180.jpg

Front: OG Kush
Back: L.A. Women

photo_3213.jpg

Front: OG #18
Back: Stacked Kush

Looking into getting the 66(actually 2) next month so i am very eager to see how this turns out jus to see if i need to make another decision but blessings to u hope it turns out well I subscribe to thread jus to see how u r doing an thanks for the info on ur grow too

So far I would definitely recommend the system. Easy to set-up, use and control. I'll keep everyone updated on how the system runs and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

So far I would definitely recommend the system. Easy to set-up, use and control. I'll keep everyone updated on how the system runs and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Definitely keeping an eye out for the progress Im very curious to see if the aeroponic/dwc 66 is what I've been expecting if so I know I won't b wasting my bread also curious about smell containment only interested in cookies an kosher kush strains and my set up will be very much similar to urs I guess, so happy growing... chk u later

Yes they deff are expensive. I got lucky and got my entire hydro and light setup new for the low off craigslist. Yeah I don't have a carbon filter or any other types of odor control but when the smell develops I'll go out and get one. Thanks you too!

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 and Top Feed, 400W HID, 8 Different Strains, Hydroponics

2/5/2013 - New System!

I changed my DWC system into a top-feed system so I could grow two plants in the system. I transferred the Cole Train and the L.A. Confidential into soaked rock wool and then into the top-feed system. The drip turns on for 30 minutes every 8 hours. I also transferred the Silver L.A. into the Rainforest 66 system. I put my single-outlet air pump into my top feed system and bought a double-outlet air pump and put 2 air stones into my Rainforest system.

Entire Closet:
33132.jpg

Top Feed System:
34121.jpg

Left: Cole Train Right: L.A. Confidential

35117.jpg

Left: L.A. Women Right: OG Kush

36113.jpg

Left: Headband Right: OG #18

37113.jpg

Left: Stacked Kush Right: Silver L.A.

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydropon

2/7/2013 - Possible Problem!

The L.A. Women's leaves are starting to droop heavily. The Stacked Kush's leaves are also starting to droop but not too heavily. I don't think this is a over-watering problem. Could this be a Cal/Mag problem?

38113.jpg

L.A. Women

I also noticed when I looked at the rapid rooter, there is something white that has grown on the bottom of the rapid rooter. I have never seen this before, is this mold?

39106.jpg

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydropon

Probably not a calmag problem. That usually appears as spots on the leaves.

Not sure what the white stuff is. Looks like it could be some type of mold or fungus. I've never used them so maybe
someone here that has can tell you more about that. It could be your problem.

It sure looks wet in there. I would let it dry out.

I may have been overwatering and none of my plants have seen water in over 24 hours. I will see what happens until they are dried out. I also saw this today, one of the plants leaves began turning a yellowish color and another one of my plants began drooping. Are these the spots of a calmag problem?

Here's a pic of the yellowing:
4067.jpg

Thanks again for the help guys!!!

2/9/2013-

I put the 3 plants I am having trouble with in the Top Feed System by themselves. I am still letting them dry back out after cleaning them out with some distilled water. I moved the plants in the Top Feed System that were doing well into the Rainforest 66 and have set the a timer to let the sprayer spray for 6 hours every day. I am hoping after a sufficient drying out, the 3 plants will look better.

Whole System:
41121.jpg

42124.jpg

Left: Stacked Kush Right: OG Kush

43108.jpg

Left: OG Kush Right: OG #18

44115.jpg

Left: L.A. Women Right: L.A. Confidential

45111.jpg

Headband

46106.jpg

Left: Cole Train Right: Silver L.A.

2/11/2013- Clean System

I emptied out both of my system and complexly cleaned out each of the systems and all its components. I filled the system with 10 gallons of distilled water and added all my nutes (flora grow, micro and bloom; diamond nectar and flora blend) at 31% of the week 3 recommended dose. The pH is 6.0 and the TDS is 338ppm. I also took the OG #18 and put it back into the Rainforest system. While everything was out, I also cleaned and sterilized my grow room.

47103.jpg

48100.jpg

4942.jpg

Still yellowing...

2/13/2013- Good and Bad News

So bad news is the Stacked Kush and the OG#18 wilted and died : ( but the good news is all of the other plants are looking great : )
I also added the air pump from my other setup to the Rainforest system (now have a total of 3).

I moved all of the remaining 6 plants into my Rainforest system and everything has been running pretty smoothly.
5028.jpg

51115.jpg

52108.jpg

Without leaves, it will be difficult for the little embryonic stems to synthesize any glucose, so Yeah I'd guess it's a goner.

Anyway, with the amount of stuff you got going on I think i'll sub :)

Cheers mate, and happy growing ! :popcorn:

EDIT - Just caught up, oops!

Cheers cubed!

Letting u kno I'm still here... sorry bout those 2 plants but u still got 6 in the 66(no apocalypse) but jus watching an learning once again thanks for the forum

Back
Top Bottom