1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydroponics

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydropon

Yeah I'm not sweating the loss of the two plants too bad, but yeah the other one that was yellowing when I last checked it last (Friday morning) was doing much better (bottom 2 leaves still yellow, but new leaves formed with more still forming and looking healthy). Also, I looked and a couple of the plants have roots in the water finally! I've been out of town for about 3 days and just made sure everything was working and there was plenty of water so hopefully everything will be okay when I go to check them out later today or tomorrow. Will have an update for everyone within the next 48 hours, just hoping my ladies are still looking as good as they were when I left them! Thanks again everyone for tuning in!!!

:thanks:

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 & DWC System - 400W HID - 8 Different Strains - Hydropon

2/18/2013 - Growing Good!

Well after being out of town for a few days, I came back to some beautiful ladies that seemed too have shot up while I was gone. The yellowing OG Kush plant had withered a little but I gave it some distilled water and it is looking a little bit better. Will be interested to see if it withers and dies like the other yellowed plants or if it will push through. I looked on the bottom of the plants and all of them except the OG Kush have a great root structure, most with roots already in the nutrient solution. Today is day 7 of the current nutrient solution so I will be replacing the nutrient solution within the next 2-5 days.

Entire System:
53112.jpg

Left:
54103.jpg

Right:
55103.jpg

Great Growth!
56100.jpg

Hey Bro!

Your grow looks like it is progressing nicely ! Are you still only running your cfl bulbs or have you switched to the mh bulb ?

I think im going to be transplanting my cubes into the netpots within the next 24 hours and am unsure if I should turn my 600w light on or not ;) Also, what sort of light cycle have you got going at the mom ?

Thanks man! Took down the cfls and am using a 400w MH Bulb. I just looked over at your girls and they look old enough to put under your 600w, just make sure you give them enough room not to burn them, but not too much so they don't stretch. Once you put them under there they're gonna explode! I had the seedlings under 24/0 but now that I am running the 400w, I have my light set at 18/6.

Re: 1st Grow - Rainforest 66 and DWC System, 400W HID, 8 Different Strains, Hydroponi

Thanks man. Yeah i'd deff look into the Rainforest its great! Yeah me too

2/21/2013 - Keep Calm and Grow On

The ladies are looking good. The OG Kush was struggling and wilted pretty bad a couple of day ago, but it looks like it is starting to finally come along with another set of leaves on the way.

5735.jpg

Starting with the Smallest Plant in the front and Going Left:
1) OG Kush
2) L.A. Confidential
3) L.A. Women
4) Headband
5) Silver L.A.
6) Cole Train

2/27/2013 - Root Explosion (Day 27)

Hey everybody been busy with everything so haven't updated in a few days, so here's what's new:

Explosive Root Growth
5824.jpg

Huge Growth in the Past Week
5919.jpg

Still Growing
6018.jpg

Future Plans:

So I am planning to replace the nutrient solution in the reservoir sometime this weekend. I am also going to be building a SCROG setup this weekend to put in my grow chamber. In about a week, I am going to add a 6" Inline Fan and a Carbon Filter because a strong smell is starting to develop and my house is developing a very pleasant aroma ; ) Next week, I am also planning on switching my HPS light with a MH light to begin the flowering process.

Does anyone have any advice or tips for SCROG'ing?

THANKS!!!

With the set up you've got, a frame that rests on the ground would work best. Something where you could ad layers of net,string or wire, with about about 8 " vertical distance between layers. Wood is easiest to work with, it's light and sturdy, easy to cut, fasteners are inexpensive. Staples work well for holding the net secure, and are easy to remove come harvest. paint the wood white after cutting ,before assembly. use sand bag or similar item to anchor the cage. Measure twice, cut once. Good luck, cant wait to see what you come up with.:thumb:

3/2/2013 - Serious Problem!

Soooo my landlord decided to tell me today that she'll be stopping by tomorrow morning on her way to LA. Because of this, tonight I am going to have to tear down my entire setup and am moving my plants off site for the next 24 hours. During those 24 hours, the plants will be in complete darkness so when I reconstruct my setup, I will go straight into flowering. I also finished my scrog, I an just waiting until after she leaves tomorrow and will set everything back up with the scrog inside. I hope I can pull this off.

3/4/2013 - Back in Business

So I cleared everything out, my landlord came by, checked the house out, we had lunch and she left. Luckily she didn't notice my plants in my car in my garage lol. After she left, I spent all day setting my setup back up, but improved it. I made it air tight, so all smells will be kept in because my apartment is starting to smell a little bit. I have a 4" GrowBright Inline fan as well as a carbon filter on the way - should be here by Friday. I also changed out the reservoir and put in 12 gallons of ph-balanced nutrient solution at 31% strength in. I put in a couple of gallons of 50% strength last week and got some burning, so I'm keeping to 31% strength.

So here's what the closet looked like this morning:
61106.jpg

So this is the setup put back together with a HPS bulb in it:
62106.jpg

I looked around my plants and saw that the lower branches were getting practically no light beacuse of the thick canopy, so I did come cutting:
63105.jpg

Sealed off and completed grow chamber:
64102.jpg

looking good!:goodjob: your closet looks exactly the same as mine! and we are both using rainforrest 66. your also growing an OG#18.
and your scroging. wow i'm subbed. this is my first scrog so I'm researching scrog journals for info myself. your welcome over in my journal anytime bro i made my screen out of 3/4" pvc , twine and screws.

2/9/2013-

I put the 3 plants I am having trouble with in the Top Feed System by themselves. I am still letting them dry back out after cleaning them out with some distilled water. I moved the plants in the Top Feed System that were doing well into the Rainforest 66 and have set the a timer to let the sprayer spray for 6 hours every day. I am hoping after a sufficient drying out, the 3 plants will look better.

Whole System:
41121.jpg

42124.jpg

Left: Stacked Kush Right: OG Kush

43108.jpg

Left: OG Kush Right: OG #18

44115.jpg

Left: L.A. Women Right: L.A. Confidential

45111.jpg

Headband

46106.jpg

Left: Cole Train Right: Silver L.A.

i ran the sprayer one hr on one hr off till roots came thru net pots then 24/7 sprayer oxygenates water, with no air stone and no sprayer the oxygen level in the water will be depleted quickly and roots suffer.

i ran the sprayer one hr on one hr off till roots came thru net pots then 24/7 sprayer oxygenates water, with no air stone and no sprayer the oxygen level in the water will be depleted quickly and roots suffer.

I just went back and changed mine to run 24/7. After I had decent roots I was running 1Hr. On/ 1/2 Hr. Off. Yeah I have 3 air stones in there so my nute solution has stayed pretty oxygenated. Thanks tho dude will deff check out your RainForest Grow!

3/7/2013- SCROG AWAY

So last night I put my SCROG into my grow tent. So far its been doing a great job spreading my crop out so those lower nodes get some light. I've also had to do a little more trimming because of how thick the canopy is.

65100.jpg

3/7/2013 - Fan and Filter

So I just got my inline fan and carbon filter. I also moved my 6" fan from the top to the bottom and turned it from an exhaust fan to an intake fan.

6642.jpg

6719.jpg

6816.jpg

Exactly what I've been waiting on I stay n an apt building and I wanted to know how the 1 single carbon filter does with those 6 plants with odor control so I'm watching and learning before I dive deep n so let me know how it's going with keeping the smell down

Hey westcoast! Very nice set up bro! Gotta watch out for the landloard I feel ya.. It's total freakin scare when they tell you they are stopping by lol. Hey one thing I noticed in your very last picture, you now have that 6" inline as an intake correct? Try to get an air filter (or some pantyhose) for the outside of the fan. Keeps a lot of dust out and possibly bugs/spores! Im subbed and will start stopping byb to check out your progress man! :grinjoint:

-CA215 :peace:

Back
Top Bottom