1st time grow - No flower/maturity - Very long in 12/12 - Huge problem

altainta

What Strain is it? UNKNOW (NIRVANA FREEBIE)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? looks hybrid mostly sativa
How Many Plants? 2 (was 4)
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering stage
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 6 weeks !! I veged till 6 weeks than switched to flowering stage which is 8.2 weeks so 6 + 8 weeks = 14 weeks
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 8.2weeks !!!!!
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? COCO treating like soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size? -
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? -
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Coco
If Hydro, what type of Setup? DTW
If Soil... What is in your Mix? COCO
If Soil... What Size Pot? below 2 gal
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 400 w HPS
Is it Air Cooled? No
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? currently 35 deg celcilus (It is summer ! I started so long back)
RH of Room/Cabinet? 47%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5.8 - 6.2
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? Once 24hr
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? General Hydroponics using as per THECAPN SIMPLE HYDROPONICS FORMULA FOR ROCKWOOL
Size or Square Footage of Room? 4 X 4

Hello guys,

It is day 114 from seed till date but i am unable to see any good sign of pre sex (leave the bud, flower of the site).
My temp have risen so much since last month and i am getting frustrated as my efforts are going waste. So i thought i will ask for help..

See i can say that 1 of the two plant shown 2-3 signs of pre sex (female) but none other so far and i guess only 2-3 site is very very few and less... It showed that long back like in 3 - 5week in flowering. But till date i am unable to confirm the sex of the same (its 8 + in flowering)..

Why on earth it is not showing sex...
Now you will ask have to checked the Light !
Yes i do and i even hide the intake (but air flow is okay). Everything is black as it should be...

What am i thinking is whether this point (listed below) are creating problem with the GENDER ?
1) High heat 30-35 deg ceclius !
2) My plants are in dark when sun is on and in light when sun settles. Because it is convenient for me.
3) 1 time feed per day ?

Am i missing anything ?
What i am thinking is
change the light time during morning and sleep time during night to avoid any light leak (I have not seen any)

I really want to DESTROY the plant as it is like NON MILKING COW for a farmer.. I have spend money on Light, fertilizer (which i ordered via international router very costly for me), efforts, etc

So please help me guys !
Please ask me any information if you are not getting the right idea of my grow !

Re: 1st time grow NO FLOWER / MATURITY. Very long in 12/12 ! Huge Problem

Any pictures? Closeup pictures of nodes would be extremely helpful.

Pictures of grow setup?

Did you switch the lights to only be on 12 hours a day?
Are you using a timer for lights?
Have you verified that the timer works, and is turning off the lights after 12 hours?

Temps are a little high, but shouldn't be preventing a plant from flowering.

Any pictures? Closeup pictures of nodes would be extremely helpful.
Pictures of grow setup?
Did you switch the lights to only be on 12 hours a day?
Are you using a timer for lights?
Have you verified that the timer works, and is turning off the lights after 12 hours?
Temps are a little high, but shouldn't be preventing a plant from flowering.

1) Pictures.. will upload (Will provide latest but later as this is dark time)
2) Pics of grow setup... will upload
3) Switch 12/12... Yes
4) Timer... YES definately
5) Verify the timer.... Yes always it perfectly work in on off not a single doubt abt it

There are three genders in this plant as i know male,female and hermie..
But is there any NO Gender thing ? lol
Also what other photos are you looking for ? (other than nodes photo)

Last 2 week i was not taking care of them properly as i was away and it was only getting fed that's it..
So u can see many leafs and def etc...Heat is the major factor..

Regarding feed i provide them
CAL MAG PLUS + GH 3 PART + HYDROGUARD + SILICA + GH FLORICIOUS
At a time i make 5 gal nutes which last me 1 week. Also i usually flush with lite nutes (half 400ppm) to avoid any nute build up. I also check runoff ph and ppm and act accordingly.
I write log daily of temp, humidity, ppm, ec, etc etc every detail is covered (untill last 2week)
Height is 3 foot from main stem (not including the pot)
Pot size is 7.5 height and 8.5 inch diameter
medium coco
ppm 800 (ec above 1.15)
I also found a bug while looking thru the loupe. Can you identify the bug ?
I also found few deficiency what is it ? i know abt the curled leaf (due to heat mostly on top part) but the shinny thing ?

I have witnessed pre flowering before but it was like 1 month back and now new pre flower or existing is just like that nothing moving... by pre flower i mean the very small thin hair like white pistill it was very small below 1cm. no progress some are even disappeared. there were only 2-3 i witnessed back than and currently hard to find.

It is just growing huge it has grown double in size since last 3 weeks

i lost all hopes and i am on the verge to destroy this two ! It is such a waste but i stopped to get info on it so if i even try next time atleast i will be able to avoid this mistake... This plants have only 4-5 days left before they will get destroyed.. Can't afford this elephants !

I have never heard of a plant not showing sex, so I'm very interested to see these pictures.
What is the distance between the light and the top of the plants?

The distance is mere 6inch have to lift again in a day or two..

I also want to make it clear that

seems that it is female pistill but rather it is new node... Just to clear the confusion if some one thing that it is female..
I do not doubt that they are female but the problem is No white hair like i see on other pics of people.
So i can confirmly say the sex is still undecided.
I will be more comfortable with hermie rather than this NO SHOW !

I also want to let you know that i have many pics of the past history of this plant. There is one specific which i snapped it consist the female pistill which was the proof that it is a female but i have not seen it in any other node/spot in the plant. So in simple term i have seen 1-3 female pistill on the plant ut afterward they too go and gets very hard to find. I didn't find any new pistill and the existing pistill didn't grow or didn't survive..
I might be sounding stupid but kindly understand that this is my first encounter so error is very much expected.

It doesn't look like it's getting enough light, or possibly too much water, or some deficiencies/PH lockout. I don't see many branches, and at this height, they should be very noticeable.

3rd pic shows a calyx at the node, bottom left of pic.
5th and 6th pic, both appear to be a calyx with pistils.

7th and 8th pics show leaf curl which is abnormal. There could be several causes for this. heat, light, humidity, PH, deficiencies, etc..

11th pic appears to be some sort of pest activity on the leaf, perhaps spider mites?

12th pic the bug kind of resembles a thrip, but not exactly, picture can be found here: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Read through all the topics contained here: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know It has a lot of information to help you through your grows.

Screenshot_2015-08-29-21-00-46.png
20150829_193344.jpg
20150829_193013.jpg
20150821_030729.jpg
20150829_192639.jpg
20150829_192738.jpg
20150818_002252.jpg
I thought my plant is the worst plant grown indoors,until i see this. Lol. btw im a first timer too, first plant ever. Can you help me man?

Talking about slow finishing sativa

Do i have a bad strain that will take 15-20 weeks to finish, or something else? Its been 6 weeks flowering, and i dont mind counting the flowering weeks cause im tired of not seeing buds,i may have light leak the past 4 weeks so now im considering my plant is just flowering(now without light leak)for 2 weeks.

the leaves just keep growing and the supposedly bud sites are not having actual buds, just new leaf growth all over, but every new leaf growth has pistils too, what is happening?

pistils growing every node of the plant so definitely its a female (not sure if it will turn to be hermie later on, i wish it wont)

Lol
Can you share information on the seeds ? like breeder, genetics, type etc where you ordered from ?

My seed where the free seeds which nirvana gives with every order. And that was my mistake. I will never grow sativa again.
My plants failed miserably because the summer arrived and the temp went like crazy (above 42 deg celcius). One plant got destroyed it self (burnt like) and my hope broke..
Now i will only try AUTO strain and will check for light and ventilation or will grow in balcony. As i am tired of managing it. I will go the organic route only water and pesticide (organic) it will very easy than.. Actually growing is hard in tropical regions..

I would stand in the dark room for a while till your eyes adjusted (takes a while) and make sure 100% it is dark and no light is getting in, one reason why they haven't started flowering is they haven't gotten a solid 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness.
It's only a wild stab in the dark but if your dark period is during the day then you might have a few holes here or there? GL with the grow hope you work it out.

I would stand in the dark room for a while till your eyes adjusted (takes a while) and make sure 100% it is dark and no light is getting in, one reason why they haven't started flowering is they haven't gotten a solid 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness.
It's only a wild stab in the dark but if your dark period is during the day then you might have a few holes here or there? GL with the grow hope you work it out.

I tried that several time ever 5 - 10 minute inside. But not able to figure out. I also asked many people for help in the forum but there was not any direct solution..

Conclusion - Auto strain are better in any case. Only disadvantage i see is no seeds and low production. I can live wit that. I will not waste my time again with regular seed. I alerady wasted abt 4 months behind it / efforts / money....
lesson learned

I know this is extremely late, and you probably already toked ur plant, but is that a maggot in the top left of this picture?? Eww

I know this is extremely late, and you probably already toked ur plant, but is that a maggot in the top left of this picture?? Eww

Yes i have not noticed that.. what exactly it is ? can you identify the pest ? so i can save myself next time

ps : wtf dude i am still shocked to see that.. how did you find out ? also do you often see this closely ?

I'd try 10/14 mines doing wonders and taking a half hour of light away each week.
Some plants need more dark hours then others

I unerstand your concern but i moved to auto as there are many benefits for new growers..
No light problem, Grow and finish on its own, less nutrient etc...
My mistake was i was not looking the strains according to my zone.. also the pictured ones are freebies from nirvana and they are taking long long time to even show the pistill... so more 2-3 month would have been required.. and the heat started (summer).. so plants are started showing extreme sings of heat... so i have to remove them...
currently working with autoflower and disaster struck. and i lost the crop.. :( i was so close this time..

Back
Top Bottom