If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? less than a week
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 3.5g
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium? rockwool/hydroton
If Hydro, what type of Setup? DWC
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 6 x 60w LED COB epistar chips, 2 23w cfl, 3 flourescent 24"
Is it Air Cooled? 190 cfm exhaust
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 80F
RH of Room/Cabinet? ~50%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? ~5.5
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? water changes weekly
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? full strength week 4 GH flora series performance pack
Size or Square Footage of Room? 8 sq ft

I can take full color pics if needed. The haze is the only plant doing this atm. As you can see, though, there is a good bit of yellowing near the bud sites. Any ideas? Link to my journal in my sig
haze_2_.JPG
haze27.JPG

does your ph swing? what is the ec/ppm of your res. I think it might be phosphorus in the beginning of flowering the plant is looking for energy to build bud sites, and phosphorus is the energy nutrient

I haven't gotten a ppm meter yet...on top of my list along with a digital pH meter. I'm color blind so I don't actually check the pH each time, or throughout the week. I checked it with a friend the first time and add the same amount of Ph down each time. I did start adding h2o2 the past 2 water changes, so maybe I need to back off on the pH down? I checked the ph the best I could after adding the hydrogen peroxide and ph down, but maybe I'm adding too much of one or the other. I added around 5 oz of 3% hydrogen peroxide to 5 gallons of R/O water, along with all the other nutes and ph down.

edit: if you could reference a good ppm meter or digital ph meter that would be great

well your basically growing blind without those tools, you should never be adding ph down without being able to see what the actual ph is, why are you using RO water? you know that plants like most of the stuff in your tap water? and if you use your tap water you dont have to use cal/mag. follow the link in my sig for the raw spoon feeding discussion and check out the plant nutrition videos

awesome ty for the info. Those videos do look interesting I'm for sure gonna check them out tomorrow. I actually didn't know that about tap water, i thought the chlorine was bad for them and maybe stuff in there would bond to the nutes and fuck them up. Also I just ordered a Milwaukee pH 600 and TDS EZ combo off ebay for $41 so I'll be on top of that from now on. I didn't know they had the cheaper models like these, thought they were $100+ each so I was procrastinating buying them.

I actually dont check ph as much anymore because i am comfortable in knowing what my nutes will bring my water to, and as for the chlorine if you leave the water sit open for a couple hours it will dissipate, I dont even let mine sit out if your using soil it may cause issues because it is easier to combine with phosphates to make bone lol , but we are in hydro out goal is to make it easy for the plant to take what it needs only, we dont want to over feed it as this will affect flavor and quality. Having an understanding of plant nutrition will give you a understanding you have been searching for. and using the raw products are just icing on the cake

I may have found the reason...It's been 4 days since my water change and the res for that plant was bone dry. Last week I refilled after 4 days and there was still 1/3 the way full (I usually fill to 2/3). I guess they are using a lot more as they get larger, and I was not anticipating them using so much. I'll start checking water every day or every other from now on. Thanks for the help @G00ch

Back
Top Bottom