1st week of 12-12 Can I switch to led?

Barrelhorses

I'm running a 1000w hps in a 5x7 room with a light mover. I'm considering buying a couple led lights and am wondering if at this point in a grow if you can add led to the room? Stopping the hps to do half and mount up the led to do the other half. Any thoughts?

I need a pic of what you got going to answer best

love to help, how many plants?

what medium, container size? and is this your first grow?

You can add as much light as you can afford, the leds will not grow half as fast as the 1000,

I'd keep light mover going and add LED for additional light:welcome:

I wouldn't see why you couldn't do that and at the same time see what kind of difference you get from it
theres lots of guys doing good with leds nowdoing a lot of journals testing new led's

It's my first indoor grow. Done a few indoor to outdoor grows. Soil(mg) only out of habit from outdoor grows, 3 gal pots. Also 3 Northern Storm autos in 1.5 gal pots just shortly ready to harvest. Ready to do emergency flush on those. Will be adding 3 clones 8" tall in 3 gal pals. Dehumidifier with rh 41. temp 85/58. ph 6.5 - 7.0. RO water with 1 tb of hydrogen proxide per gallon. No nutes to date except autos got some bloom. 16 plants lst to 8" but vertical would be 16"-24"(taller ones in back, shorter ones in front. Screen higher in back. Trying to form a U shape) Then 3 autos in middle with clones going in sunday.
P2070035.JPG
P2070038.JPG
P2070039.JPG
I also have a 400hps in another room used for vegging.

I actually have had the 400 for along time and when I purchased it, it was said if you could only afford one light buy a hps. 20 yrs later and less than a dozen grows it still runs good. The new 1000hps doesn't look to be built that nice:)

Also the 3 clones that are going in Sunday were put in ff ocean. I'm really not sure if it would be a good idea to risk a crop with a change like that. It would be better to have the 1000 and the 400 or just leave the 1000 on the light mover. Then I could put led on veg room and learn what my plants want from there without so much on line. Another interesting thing from this grow was the autos. I tried dwc with them and it only took me 3 weeks to pretty much kill them. Had root rot so bad they barely had roots left and I read on here to last ditch put them in soil, so I did. They are 65-80 day harvest and were now on day 92. Probably 5 days yet for the 2 and maybe 2 weeks for the 3rd one. They certianly are small but never thought they would go so over.

Im sorry if I came across a bit of a smart ass im still a newb but I didn't relise that you weren't able to just switch the
bulb from hps to mh. your set looks great :thumb:

Lol. No worries at all. Yes you are correct, it should be. But back then they didnt make them or they were too pricey for me. Thanks on my set up, its far from perfect but I'm adjusting as it moves forward. Now that I'm this far I cant wait for my 3rd or 4th grow. A ton of good info on this site.

Several members have switched from High Pressure Sodium lights to LED panels during flowering without issues. Soon I will be have a journal featuring Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x, Kushington Farms has excellent grows using the Lush Lighting LED panels.

@Kushington Farms

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

I seen that Kushington farm journal. Very impressive. I do like the control of indoor growing. I'm considering going through the summer but heat will be a big concern and with training and racing horses time is a concern also. I love your grow room John and your a great resource for information. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom