2 400w HPS or 1 1000w HPS

I'm building a 2nd room for flowering. The room is going to be roughly 8'x8'.

Would 2 400w be better than 1 1000w?

1 1000w will yield a bit more. 2 400w will cost a bit less power to run. Depends on which of those pros is more appealing to ya. What are your overall goals as far as cost of setup, cost to run the room, desired total yield? Are you limited to 1 1000w or 2 400w? Tough call, if those are the only options. 2 600w would be nice. But then again, cramming 3 1000w in there would be nice too... :)

From what I've been reading. The 1000w will have more penetration. Ventiing isn't going to be a problem either.

Still gotta research more.

Thanks for the reply!

Neither option provides anywhere near enough light for a 64 square foot garden. Even the 1Kw will only give you 15.625 watts per square foot.

Go with a minimum of 3200 watts. That's 50 watts per square foot which is pretty much on the low end of acceptable flowering watts.

Six 600-watt lights would give you 56.25 watts per square foot. It would allow you to keep the fixtures much closer to the plants than trying to cover an 8'x8' space with one or two lights. You would have far better penetration because of this. That's still not a great deal of light (for the space), but would be far more than what you are contemplating.

Is it an 8x8 grow or is the room 8x8 with less actual dedicated grow space? TS is right on if you're tryin to light an 8x8 area.
I was under the impression that the room is 8x8 with a smaller space within for growing.

anyone who feels like giving me suggestions lemme know i have a MH400 Watt and a 600W HPS nxt to it.... and im in the 2nd week of flowering should i utilize the spare 400 W HPS io have by taking out the 400 MH and having two HPS' instead of a multi spectrum? ....

Can you run all three lights, lol? That would be around 28.6% MH which is a pretty good ratio.

yes yes i know, the ratio is good and having three is awesome, i had at one point as i mentioned b4, 3 enclosed hydrofarm fistures... and let ONE person borrow two.. cuz i wasnt using them at the time well he and one of his friends went on their own venture into capitolism...and his friend took the set up and was never heard from again..therefore i SOL with gettin them back :) lol..anyhow lesson learned that was 6 yrs ago anyhow im just now getttin around to 2nd week of flowering after waiting one month for seeds from the att tude bank... and got X5 berry bomb and X5 thc bomb which is 20 + percent of THC ! :) ..but one THC ended up male .. so i have 9 alltogether and then the freebie seeds i have a female blue widow from dina-fem and a female Strawberry Diesel from Sagarmatha seeds. although i have one problem...the strawberry diesel looks herm... though it has TONS of hairs (buckwheats) as i and a friend call them or (Buckwheat in a headlock) (the armpit area of the bud) i dunno if its true or not im pretty good at spotting herms in the past but this one seems entirely fem. when i touch it some it feels somewhat hard like round things within but isnt showing any signatures of male/herms. all white hairs and startign great..... i really dunno what to do i guess ill bring it up and take a pic to let ppl see. i have a terrible web cam ATM...but we shall see if i can get a good pic.

Back
Top Bottom