2.5 weeks into veg growth, overly bushy?

Browne89

420 Member
Hi, this is my first grow I’m 2.5 weeks into veg growth. My plants seem healthy but seem like they might be too bushy. Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• A3C652EC-5151-4768-8479-FAD6B3A8FE0E.jpeg
    A3C652EC-5151-4768-8479-FAD6B3A8FE0E.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • 281C4209-AD7D-4C22-B934-99C925F90956.jpeg
    281C4209-AD7D-4C22-B934-99C925F90956.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
The strain is candy cream feminized seeds from Seedsman. Growing indoors. Grow tent is 36” by 36” by 72”. Soil FFOF in 5G buckets. Light is a 250W floraX4S. I turned the light to its highest setting once the plants reached veg stage. Lights are about 3 feet away from plants. I used 1/2 tspn of FF grow big nutrients about a week ago. My temp has been around 85 and humidity around 50-60. Been watering each plant about 1/3 of a G every 3rd day. I’m inexperienced so trying to keep things simple...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    869.6 KB · Views: 48
You need to think about prepping them for a flip to flower very soon or you will run outa room. I have a 4x4 tent that I constantly fight for space with because when you flip a plant that size to flower depending on many factors it basically gets 3x bigger and suddenly you have areas not getting light humidity issues air flow issues ect. Beautiful looking plants btw!!! Best advice get some training going cut them back and grow a base that can support the fat buds you will inevitably have.
Goodluck GrowHard!!
:yummy:

You need to think about prepping them for a flip to flower very soon or you will run outa room. I have a 4x4 tent that I constantly fight for space with because when you flip a plant that size to flower depending on many factors it basically gets 3x bigger and suddenly you have areas not getting light humidity issues air flow issues ect. Beautiful looking plants btw!!! Best advice get some training going cut them back and grow a base that can support the fat buds you will inevitably have.
Goodluck GrowHard!!
:yummy:

Thanks for the advice smoke. My original thought was to keep them in veg for another month or so? Or until I see pistols starting to show but I really have no idea based on my setup when the best time to make that flip is. Im also hesitant to start trimming or doing anything to the plants since it’s my first grow...

Thanks for the advice smoke. My original thought was to keep them in veg for another month or so? Or until I see pistols starting to show but I really have no idea based on my setup when the best time to make that flip is. Im also hesitant to start trimming or doing anything to the plants since it’s my first grow...
Here’s a thread you’ll like

Here’s one about the ph in soil .

Welcome man.
Your plants look great and yes they are quite compact.
This could be genetic but one thing I fond under LED's (and other lights) but moreso with LEDs you can really stack a plant up if the light or intensity is too close /strong.

If you want more height from your plant can can try moving the light say 2" aday for a few days and see if they like that.
Do be warned a plant normally doubles in size in flower so make sure you flip them with enough vertical space left for flower.

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom