2 weeks sprout?

heyhighhello

Hey guys, I'm new on the forum and I thought I'd post a picture of the 2 week growth of my plant :cheesygrinsmiley:

hgTu7qB.jpg

You might have to open the image in a new window to see the full image view :thumb:

I also wanted ask if that little cut on the first pair of leaves is gonna affect its growth? I don't know how it got cut, I'm assuming some bird or whatever. I hope it doesn't kill it :\

I'm letting it grow for a month or two outside on my balcony, and then maybe bring it for its flowering stage to ensure it gets the right amount of darkness.

I'm growing another two seeds in two different pots, but this one is just two weeks older :D

Re: 2 weeks sprout

The little cut will be fine dude. It may be an insect but I'd say its just a genetic thing.

Sent from my BTC using 420

It depends really. Lots of things come in to play during the germination seedling phase. The seedling first two leaves are called cotyledons (the round leaves). They are contained inside the seed and unfurl when the seeds starts growing. They use these leaves to gather enough energy to begin making true leaves (serrated leaves). This can take anything from a few days to up to two weeks. Personally I wait until the first true leaves are one or two inches in length then start giving them artificial light, AT A DISTANCE so they won't get light stress.

Sent from my BTC using 420

Sorry to jack your thread heyHihello....so my seedling is 11days old and it looks like the 1st two true serrated leaves are struggling to develop infact one of them looks like it died. The cotyledons developed on day 7. Does the fact that im still growing the seedling in the jiffy peat pellet at this stage have an impact or is it to blame, I.e (I havent transfered the plant to another pot yet)?

I'd need to see some photos before I can offer any advice. I recommend setting up another forum, include some photos and then we can do the thing :) if thats a ball ache then take photos and pm them to me. The forum would be better though dude, I know what I know but plenty of people know what I don't. Them being in jiffy plugs still
is fine though.

Thanks for the response :D I'm gonna start giving it fertilizers soon enough so it can get stronger. I'm doing everything on a budget and not planning to spend a lot cause it's just a bagseed from an unknown strain. Not very fancy strains where I'm from haha. So gonna grow this one and another two seeds and just see how it goes and hopefully get some product in the end that I can try.

Excited! (I'm also a female :laughtwo: )

Don't worry about jacking my thread hahaha, you can post your photos here too if you'd like, I wouldn't mind looking at other people's plants and learning from others, all the more info to grow my plants better :D

All through my grow I had random nics and every so often a odd shaped leaf it's nothing to worry about plus it won't be long before them lower leaves become the least of your focus , great two week picture set up look at my grow an you'll see my early growth . And here's where I'm at now ..

image9390.jpeg

Trust me there's plenty of scared leaves in there
I'm gonna follow your grow cos I really like the pic set up and am interested on your move indoors :thumb:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll keep an eye on it as well. I'll update pics every now and then so you can check it out.

Your plants look really great, I'll definitely follow yours as well :D

I'm trying to come up with different plans for its flowering stage and trying to figure out which is the best for me and the plant. I'm thinking of keeping it outside and gettings its light from the sun regularly, I'm in a tropical country so its gonna have some cloudy days but sunny days are pretty damn sunny so I'm hoping it'll get enough light. For the flowering stage, I'm thinking of either bringing it in every night OR keeping it outside on the balcony but covering it with a large cardboard box and installing a fan in there to keep the air moving while getting its dark hours. What do you think?

Oh and another idea, do you think it would help the plant at all if I place reflective boards around it to help reflect sunlight on it better? I figured I'd help it out somehow if I'm not gonna use grow lights

Back
Top Bottom