Stunted Growth

Donnavintripp

Just upgraded from hps to a 100 watt maxisun from Amazon and didn't like the stretch on it so bought a hlg 550 v2 rspec and need some assistance got two burrbarry s growing and at 50 percent light intensity at 26 to 28 inches ones showing good growth and ones getting bleached in the first week of week 3 of growth (repeating week 3 3x cause I accidentally nute burned them at first week ) was told indica dom but burrbarry s sativa dom and a haze crossbreed so didn't lower nutes ppm was at 800 if I knew they were haze strain would of went ppm at 300 to 400 but any how do I ride out the led burn then clip the effectived leaves after new growth or is there a way to bypass and get outta stunted growth

IMG_20220202_080448.jpg

16438246418237650223582778107820.jpg

16438246869788502232261731826800.jpg

16438247609796793560492145834667.jpg

You could raise the light and lift the one that's doing ok. Then the burned one will be farther away and the good one unchanged. Your 26-28 inch headroom should be ok, but 1200 lumens is pretty high. Everything has to be going well to use that much light. If you can raise the light and the good one, the weak one will get less intensity.

Or you could use a McGyver. Get some window screen and set it over the weak plant. :nerd-with-glasses: It'll cut intensity by quite a bit.

Is the weak one well rooted yet?

When you begin to start adding nutrients start with 1/4 strength and progressively work up by 1/4 strength at a time per watering until you see the plant is fine with what you are feeding until you are at full recommended strength. An 800 ppm solution is not too aggressive when plants are growing well but is too aggressive for such small plants, just keep your nutrient increments small around 200 ppm or less and watch your leaf tips carefully for nutrient burn.

In the manufacturing process when clay hydroton pellets are created by machinery the pellets are also coated in machine lubricant and mould release coatings which can be harmful to plants and animals. Were the clay hydroton pellets properly flushed and then pH adjusted before use?

In the photograph several clay hydroton pellets with white crusted nutrient deposits which should be removed by hand and replaced with clean clay hydroton pellets. Solid nutrient deposits on the clay hydroton pellets shall interact and negatively alter the nutrient solution. You may attempt to dissolve the nutrient deposits from the clay hydroton pellets by placing the affected hydroton pellets with a mixture of 5% white pickling vinegar mixed in water combined in a large pot and brought to a boil on a stove top element to dissolve the nutrient solids. If the nutrient solids are not able to be removed from the clay pellets, properly dispose of the damaged clay hydroton pellets.

Once the plants are recovering with the new vegetative growth mass then you can safely remove any lower damaged leaves.

You could raise the light and lift the one that's doing ok. Then the burned one will be farther away and the good one unchanged. Your 26-28 inch headroom should be ok, but 1200 lumens is pretty high. Everything has to be going well to use that much light. If you can raise the light and the good one, the weak one will get less intensity.

Or you could use a McGyver. Get some window screen and set it over the weak plant. :nerd-with-glasses: It'll cut intensity by quite a bit.

Is the weak one well rooted yet?
Thanks for the info gonna do that but the week one still on top feed and the strong ones not so I'm doing a proxcide root wash and a 3 day flush cause just between now and when I posted it got weaker so treating it as if root block and nute locked just in case it cause I didn't know it was a silver haze crossbreed or I would of had ppm at 400 instead of 900 so playing it safe raising the light lower it to lowest setting and raising the strong one so doesn't stretch too much and thanks for your knowledge appreciate it bud

Just upgraded from hps to a 100 watt maxisun from Amazon and didn't like the stretch on it so bought a hlg 550 v2 rspec and need some assistance got two burrbarry s growing and at 50 percent light intensity at 26 to 28 inches ones showing good growth and ones getting bleached in the first week of week 3 of growth (repeating week 3 3x cause I accidentally nute burned them at first week ) was told indica dom but burrbarry s sativa dom and a haze crossbreed so didn't lower nutes ppm was at 800 if I knew they were haze strain would of went ppm at 300 to 400 but any how do I ride out the led burn then clip the effectived leaves after new growth or is there a way to bypass and get outta stunted growth

IMG_20220202_080448.jpg

16438246418237650223582778107820.jpg

16438246869788502232261731826800.jpg
Hey @Donnavintripp is this the plant you asked me about?

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom