2nd grow help

Justones

Wanting to start my 2nd grow. 1st grow was outdoors in soil. This time I'm wanting to do indoors to control lighting & environment to flower sooner. Also in hopes to keep control of the bugs.

Stuff I have ready and available:
I am going to use a 2.5x2.5 ft area. It's our extra stand in shower. So it has a door, water drain. I figured that would be pretty useful. With a Vipar spectra 300 watt led light. My first light btw. Plan is to use a hempy bucket style of grow. The growing medium I'm planning to use pearlite. Any tips or warnings on pearlite grow?

Stuff I still need:
Seeds, I don't know what seeds to get for this. Looking for something that does well indoors & with the way I'd like to grow. I would just try any on hand seeds just to try it. But I don't have any. I seemed to have lost what I had saved. So since I have to buy some. I'm looking for advice on selection.
Also I was thinking of using Fox Farms food. Any recommendations on that?

Wanting to start my 2nd grow. 1st grow was outdoors in soil. This time I'm wanting to do indoors to control lighting & environment to flower sooner. Also in hopes to keep control of the bugs.

Stuff I have ready and available:
I am going to use a 2.5x2.5 ft area. It's our extra stand in shower. So it has a door, water drain. I figured that would be pretty useful. With a Vipar spectra 300 watt led light. My first light btw. Plan is to use a hempy bucket style of grow. The growing medium I'm planning to use pearlite. Any tips or warnings on pearlite grow?

Stuff I still need:
Seeds, I don't know what seeds to get for this. Looking for something that does well indoors & with the way I'd like to grow. I would just try any on hand seeds just to try it. But I don't have any. I seemed to have lost what I had saved. So since I have to buy some. I'm looking for advice on selection.
Also I was thinking of using Fox Farms food. Any recommendations on that?

Wow... that's one loaded set of questions.

Your grow room sound like it would work fine. If growing Phot's you will need it to go totally dark for the 12/12 flower cycle. If growing Auto's you don't have to worry about dark periods.

My recommendation would be to try out growing Autos for your trial run. Main reason is their total life cycle is about 10 weeks from sprout and you don't have to induce the to flower. I would suggest go to a site like Seedsman and take a look at their selection of Autos. Find one that is rated as easy to grow and is the right mix of Sativa / Indica that you desire. One recommendation is Auto Daiquiri Lime (she is my best grower in my current grow).

Personally I would go with CoCo as it is almost impossible to overwater and drains really well. Downside is you will have to water at least once a day.

For nutrients I would recommend Advanced Nutrients - PH Perfect 3 part starting at 1/2 the recommended strength. If growing in CoCo you will also have to add Cal/Mag to each feeding. Technically growing in CoCo is considered hydro as their are no nutrients derived from the CoCo.

Feel free to drop by my journal listed in my signature. I'm playing around with LST on my Daiquiri Lime and she is seeming to love it.

+1 on going for coco.
For nutes I've always liked cutting edge solutions 3 part with Calimagic, and sugaree.
A really good strain I would recommend thc bomb from bomb seeds. It's always been one of my favorites. Lots of resin production and there's at least one pheno that has a really nice shade of purple. They even have an auto flower if that's the way you decide to go.

Back
Top Bottom