2nd harvest to fatten underdeveloped buds?

Denstore

Hey guys,

I am currently on my 2nd grow have three autoflower plants in flower: two auto Royal AKs and one Stress Killer from Royal Queen Seeds. I made the mistake of not training them in time as I was traveling a lot at the time and had my spouse look after them, and now the colas of the two Royal AKs are very uneven in height which has led to some underdeveloped buds.

I have read that you can harvest the main colas first, and then let the smaller buds fatten up before a 2nd harvest Is this to recommend with autos? Do you guys do this too, and what are your experiences with this? And for how long should I do this? If this takes a couple of weeks I am thinking it might just be worth it to start a new grow as my space is limited.

Thanks in advance!
Denstore

I did a 2 stage harvest on one plant in my last grow-chopped the main buds,then did the lowers 3 weeks later-they were finally getting good light,so they really fattened up in 3 weeks.
It was a photoperiod Northern Lights,but you'd probably get the same results with an auto.
The smoke is the same quality as the main buds,so the smoke doesn't necessarily get any better,but there's a little more of it.

Agree with carcass on that, the other option is to supercrop the taller pieces to get them lower if you do it sooner than later. But cutting off a top don’t hurt the rest of the plant as one would think. It works And helps finish remaining buds for the better bag appeal. I honestly should have done that my last grow as well

Back
Top Bottom