2nd Outdoor Season Grow

Cannadian420

Hey all! Back at 'er again! This time starting indoor and switching to out when it gets warm enough! This run I'll be pinching pennys and doing alot of diy with growing medium and I'm not sold on any type of amendments but I'll be going cheap with what I can find local. This will be my second outdoor run. Ill also be searching for a male to collect pollen. There will be lots going on with any luck. Let's get Into it.

STRAINS
GG x zkittlez regular X3
Purple kush fem X1
Zkittlez fem X1
All from i49

INDOOR SETUP
4X4 tent
250w LED light 18/6 hrs
4" exhaust fan filter unhooked

MEDIUM
I'll be attempting to make a promix like medium using peat moss and perlite. Also be mixing in some manure.

NUTES
Undecided

TRAINING
Topping & LST

Placed 3 regular ggxzkittlez and one each of purple kush (pk) and zkittlez fem in three labeled glasses with water on March 29th for 24hrs placed them on my hot water heater for warmth.
IMG_20200329_113232.jpg

Came back 24 hrs later and found that the pk and the zkittlez had sunk to the bottom and found the GG x zkittlez had actually sprouted in the water.
IMG_20200330_165344.jpg
IMG_20200330_165340.jpg
IMG_20200330_165337.jpg

I than placed the babies in some moist paper towel for another 24hrs. I came back and found they all sprouted so I mixed in a very little amount of some 5 7 7 nutes I had in to some left over promix I had and filled 5 solo cups. Watered slow because it was super dry and promix is very hard to rehydrate for some reason. So I got the cups to a moist level I liked and planted the sprouted beans.
IMG_20200331_115606.jpg
IMG_20200331_115552.jpg
IMG_20200331_115225.jpg
IMG_20200331_115558.jpg

Sick man. Im excited to see what you can pull off!
Thanks dude. I'm excited as well. This whole covid thing forced me to change up my plans. I have to save money where I can. Pretty much blew the budget on seeds. With any luck I'll have lots of seeds come fall.
I'm pretty sure I saw a tutorial type post on here for making "promix" seemed pretty straight forward. I can get three bales of peat for the same price as one bale of promix so that'll be great. Just have to figure out the nutes now.

Thanks dude. I'm excited as well. This whole covid thing forced me to change up my plans. I have to save money where I can. Pretty much blew the budget on seeds. With any luck I'll have lots of seeds come fall.
I'm pretty sure I saw a tutorial type post on here for making "promix" seemed pretty straight forward. I can get three bales of peat for the same price as one bale of promix so that'll be great. Just have to figure out the nutes now.

In certain cases less is more so just take advantage of that!

This is the recipe I used the first year I grew when money was tight;

1 bale (3.8 cuft) of Pro-mix BX...no added fertilizers and becomes approximately 7.5 cuft after broken up

5 cuft (5x 28L bags) Black Earth...nothing added

7.5 lbs natural tree fertilizer 4-4-8 granulated + 2% iron
•May use on all trees and shrubs, deciduous and evergreen
•Organic nitrogen in slow release form
•Will not burn bark or roots even in hot weather
•Does not require watering after application
•Safe to children, pets, and the environment
•Can be applied in all seasons
GUARANTEED MINIMUM ANALYSIS:
•Total Nitrogen (N) 4.0%
•0.4% Water Soluble Nitrogen
•3.6% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
•Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 4.0%
•Total Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 4.1%
•Soluble Potash (K2O) 8.0%
•Calcium (Ca) 4.0%
•Magnesium (Mg) 1.0%
•Sulphur (S) 4.0%
•Iron (Fe) 2.0%
•Organic Matter 30.0%
•Derived from: feather meal, sulfate of potash, dolomitic limestone, gypsum, ferrous carbonate, bone meal and/or rock phosphate

5lbs Bone and Blood Meal 7-5-0
•Can be used on all bulbs, flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs
•Granular, easy to use
•Slow release nitrogen and phosphorus
•Will not burn
•Total Nitrogen (N) 7.0%
•0.5% Water Soluble Nitrogen
•6.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
•Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 5.0%
•Total Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 5.1%
•Calcium (Ca) 13.0%
•Organic Matter 50.0%
•Derived from: bone meal, and blood meal
•6.5% slow release nitrogen from bone meal and blood meal

55lbs (25kg) alfalfa meal/pellets >typically has a 2-1-2 and a 1-4 month release

Kelp meal IF I can get some, for micro nutrients

And Here you will find picture of the girls that year. Was all bought at Home Hardware and the promix can be replaced with peat

Food for thought mate.

This is the recipe I used the first year I grew when money was tight;

1 bale (3.8 cuft) of Pro-mix BX...no added fertilizers and becomes approximately 7.5 cuft after broken up

5 cuft (5x 28L bags) Black Earth...nothing added

7.5 lbs natural tree fertilizer 4-4-8 granulated + 2% iron
•May use on all trees and shrubs, deciduous and evergreen
•Organic nitrogen in slow release form
•Will not burn bark or roots even in hot weather
•Does not require watering after application
•Safe to children, pets, and the environment
•Can be applied in all seasons
•Total Nitrogen (N) 4.0%
•0.4% Water Soluble Nitrogen
•3.6% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
•Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 4.0%
•Total Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 4.1%
•Soluble Potash (K2O) 8.0%
•Calcium (Ca) 4.0%
•Magnesium (Mg) 1.0%
•Sulphur (S) 4.0%
•Iron (Fe) 2.0%
•Organic Matter 30.0%
•Derived from: feather meal, sulfate of potash, dolomitic limestone, gypsum, ferrous carbonate, bone meal and/or rock phosphate

5lbs Bone and Blood Meal 7-5-0
•Can be used on all bulbs, flowers, vegetables, trees and shrubs
•Granular, easy to use
•Slow release nitrogen and phosphorus
•Will not burn
•Total Nitrogen (N) 7.0%
•0.5% Water Soluble Nitrogen
•6.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
•Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 5.0%
•Total Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 5.1%
•Calcium (Ca) 13.0%
•Organic Matter 50.0%
•Derived from: bone meal, and blood meal
•6.5% slow release nitrogen from bone meal and blood meal

55lbs (25kg) alfalfa meal/pellets >typically has a 2-1-2 and a 1-4 month release

Kelp meal IF I can get some, for micro nutrients

And Here you will find picture of the girls that year. Was all bought at Home Hardware and the promix can be replaced with peat

Food for thought mate.
Thanks for the info. This fed them the whole time or did you have to top dress?

As I watch the days get longer and warmer, I can feel the winter blues lifting. Being replaced with excitement and anticipation of the up coming outdoor season. With the world shot to hell I find my grow is my own little oasis of peace and comfort and soon to be expanded to the great outdoors.

It's been only 8 days since I dropped those little pods of life in water. They are now all out of the peat working on stretching their legs so they can grow big and tall, with a bountiful harvest (hopefully).

Not much to post up just been spraying down the propagator, which I've removed all together last night. A couple struggled with shedding the seed case but they all made it through great.
IMG_20200402_193717.jpg
IMG_20200402_193232.jpg

IMG_20200404_210007.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_210007.jpg
    IMG_20200404_210007.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20200402_193717.jpg
    IMG_20200402_193717.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 68
Well it's been busy as ever, sorry for the crap update schedule. On with the show as they say.

So today marks day 27 from seed. Everything is going as planned. Just been watering, haven't even checked the ph of the water. The little bit of feed in the cups are most likely coming to a end so I'll be transplanting with in a few days. I'm still on the fence with what I'm going to use for nutes but I'm sticking to my guns and going cheap and local. I'm still waiting on the local store to get some peat in. If they don't hurry it along I'll be force to travel about an hour to get some or change the medium altogether.

For training I've gone with topping this time. First time on purpose . Ive topped the fourth node and the girls have recovered nicely. First few weeks are exciting and boring all at the same time. Now, now it gets exciting from here on out. I can actually see the daily growth and I can get a little rough with them now and start getting them to form in to the bushes we all dream of!

Let me know what you guys think and if you see something I'm not picking up on. Hope everyone is safe and well

IMG_20200410_102548.jpg
IMG_20200410_102740.jpg
IMG_20200412_114416.jpg
IMG_20200417_173436.jpg
IMG_20200423_183713.jpg
IMG_20200424_105514.jpg
IMG_20200424_105520.jpg

Back
Top Bottom